Welcome to the October SU! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop! Those of us in the hop are current Stampin’ UP! demonstrators. However, everyone, no matter the supplies you use, is invited to play along with the recurring Creative Creases fun fold challenge! I hope to see you in the challenge gallery!
I love fun folds, and I thoroughly enjoy learning new ones! For this month’s hop, I CASe’d (Copy and Share everything) Mary Deatherage’s fun fold from September. You can find her card, which is a modified z-fold card, here.
Here’s the card I created for this month’s hop:
- The Night of Navy base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 2-1/8 and 4-1/4 inches. Fold the front fold back.
- The smaller Night of Navy base measures 7 by 4-5/8 inches, scored at 3-1/2 inches.
- I needed two pieces of Balmy Blue cardstock. The larger one measures 5-1/4 by 3-1/2 inches. The smaller one measures 3-3/8 by 4-1/2 inches.
- Since I chose to add a piece of DSP (designer series paper) under the smaller fold card, I needed a piece that measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- Next, I trimmed another piece to 2 by 5-1/4 inches for the inside panel.
- The front DSP panel measures 3-3/8 by 5-1/8 inches. The DSP piece for the very front of the card measures 3-1/8 by 4-1/8 inches.
- HINT: If you are using an obvious directional DSP pattern, double check to make sure it’s going the right way before you cut it. Trust me on this one.
- Finally, I trimmed a piece of the DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. Then, I punched a 1-inch circle of Balmy Blue DSP for the envelope seal.
- Time to stamp, color, and assemble!
Stamping and Coloring:
- This gnome is my favorite one from the Kindest Gnomes bundle! I stamped him in Momento Tuxedo Black ink and waited for him to completely dry before I colored him.
- I started with the light neutral skin tones blend for his hands and face.
- Next, I used the Night of Navy combo blends for his pants and hat. After the blends dried, I added white dots to his hat using a gel pen.
- His sleeves are colored with the Balmy Blue blends combo. Then, I used the Balmy Blue Stamping Write Marker to create the diagonal lines on his sleeves.
- I colored his beard with the light Smoky Slate blend.
- I used the light Basic Black blend for his shoes. Then I outlined the shoes and added the lines on the soles with the black marker. At the same time, I decided to just outline all the way around the outside of this cutie pie.
- I finished him off by adding dimensionals to the back side of him.
- Then, I turned my attention to the front sentiment, also from the Kindest Gnomes stamp set. I stamped it in VersaMark on Night of Navy cardstock and covered it with silver embossing powder.
- After heat-setting the powder, I cropped it using the banner die from Stylish Shapes. I outlined the banner using my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen. I added dimensionals under the sentiment banner as well.
- The inside sentiment is also stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black. It’s from the retired Whimsical Trees stamp set, but it’s one of my very favorite Christmas sentiments.
- I used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere all the panel layers on the card.
- Before I adhered the front cardstock/DSP layer to the Night of Navy smaller card base, I wrapped some metallic mesh ribbon around the front and tied it in a bow. Amazingly, this ribbon is quite easy to use and this bow was done on my first try. YEAH!
- At this point, I decided the gnome needed some sort of additional thingie on which he could rest. Therefore, I cropped a piece of vellum using the outside frame from the Scary Cute Silhouette dies. Then, I fussy cut two trees from the DSP and adhered them to the vellum. These trees help hide the liquid glue used to adhere the vellum to the DSP.
- Then, I added the gnome and the sentiment banner, and finished adhering all the cardstock and DSP pieces.
- This modified z-fold card will stand up on it’s own, which makes the whole card just perfect, at least in my humble opinion.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated fun fold card, envelope, and envelope seal.
Back to the SU! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop:
When you finish here, I hope you will hop along to the other demos’ sites. I know I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone else created. As soon as my card goes live, I am going to add it to the gallery for the Creative Creases Challenge. I can’t wait to see what you create and add to the challenge as well.
Fun Fold Lineup
- Beth McCullough
- Sue Jackson <<— YOU ARE HERE!
- Mary Deatherage
- Karen Finkle
- Debbie Mageed
- Melissa Seplowitz
- Rae Burnet
- Karen Ksenzakovic
Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Starter Kit Promotion!
PROMOTION DATES: 4–31 OCTOBER 2022
When new team members purchase their Starter Kit, they will be able to redeem $155 USD of Starter Kit eligible products for just $99 USD. That’s $56 of FREE product! Contact me for more details about joining my team!
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
I did with the purchase of two of these NEW birthday organizer kits! I actually got my delivery with the two kits on Sunday (yes, it was delivered on Sunday)! YEAH!
Here’s an unboxing video explaining the kit contents:
I got one kit for my mom and one for my aunt, neither of whom get out as easily as they used to do. I’m in the process of making additional cards to include with this kit, that I will make for them before I give them as a present.