Welcome to the 182nd two-week challenge for Cardz 4 Galz! Our host this time, Doreen, chose shades of blue for our theme. When you finish here, I hope you will hop over to the challenge site to see the projects from the rest of the design team members. We’d love to have you play along with us for this color challenge!
Here’s my shades of blue card:
This absolutely stunning DSP (designer series paper) comes from the Hues of Happiness DSP pack. Just take a look at all the gorgeous colors! There’s truly something for everyone.
For my card, I used the floral and the textured paper from the last two photos. Gorgeous colors and stunning paper!
Clean and Simple:
- The Night of Navy base measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent card.
- I trimmed a piece of the painted textured DSP to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- Next, I trimmed a 6 inch by 2-1/2 inch piece of the floral DSP for the envelope flap. I also punched a 1-inch circle of the DSP for the painted texture envelope seal.
- The strips of floral DSP started out at 5-3/8 by 1-1/8 inches. I trimmed it down to three strips, the first of which is 5-3/8 by 1/2 inches. Then, I cut the remaining piece in half lengthwise.
- I trimmed a piece of white cardstock for the inside of the card to 5-1/4 inches by 4 inches.
- The two stamps used for the outside and the inside sentiments come from the Fond of Autumn stamp set. After stamping the front sentiment in Night of Navy ink on a piece of scrap white cardstock, I cropped it using the banner from Stylish Shapes dies and popped it up on dimensionals. The inside sentiment, I’m so fond of you, is also stamped in Night of Navy.
- After adhering the strips to the painted texture DSP using multipurpose, I tied a piece of Pool Party sheer ribbon around the DSP and tied it in a bow. The ribbon is thin enough that I could adhere the DSP panel to the Night of Navy base using multipurpose glue as well.
- I popped the sentiment on the front and glued the inside white cardstock using multipurpose glue as well.
- With that, this clean and simple coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal was complete.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Paper-crafting Supplies:
Ho Ho Ho Paper Pumpkin Kit!
The sign-up days for this kit started on September 11, 2022 and run through October 10, 2022. Some of Santa’s elves let it slip that this October kit will coordinate with the November Ho Ho Ho tag kit!
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through September 30, 2022 is W9GCXFZ6.