Welcome to the September edition of the monthly Sparkles Christmas challenge # 140. Our host this month, Billie A., chose a clean and simple theme. When you are finished here, I hope you will visit the challenge website to see the inspirational projects from the rest of the design team members. Then, I hope you will play along with us and post your creations in our gallery!
Here’s my very clean and simple Christmas card made from pieces I already had:
Measurements and Such:
Just like my clean and simple card, this blog post will also be clean and simple.
- The Night of Navy base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 41/4 inches.
- I trimmed the Balmy Blue layer to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches..
- I already had the white piece of cardstock, which I’d embossed with the snowflake wintry 3D embossing folder. When I first embossed the cardstock, I had used a blender brush with Balmy Blue ink to randomly blend color over the embossed pattern.
- I’ve also had the large snowflake cropped out for quite some time. It was originally cropped from Smoky Slate cardstock. I used a blender brush and silver ink to give it a silvery sheen.
- The sentiment comes from the retired Christmas Means More stamp set. I don’t think I will ever sell that set because I also have a Grinch stamp to go with the sentiments. Using my Stamparatus, I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink, and cleaned the stamp. Then, I reinked the stamp using Versamark ink and stamped it. I used clear embossing powder, which I heat set.
- Next, I cropped the sentiment using the banner die from the Stylish Shapes die set. Using the Balmy Blue marker, I outlined the banner before I added dimensionals on the underside.
- I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4 by 5-1/4 inches for the inside of the card and stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy Ink.
- With the exception of the sentiment banner, I adhered the other pieces using multipurpose lliquid glue.
- Ta-da! Finished! Clean, simple, and recycled. It doesn’t get any better than that!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
Look What’s New in the Kits Collection:
- Cozy & Bright Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Acrylic Stamp Block
- Classic Stampin’ Spot: Poppy Parade
- Predesigned projects
- Step-by-step instructions
- Precut pieces (No prep work! Get right to crafting). Including printed die-cut sheets: sticker adhesive sheets & non-adhesive sheets
- Makes 12 cards of 1 design
- Gold foil accents
- Folded card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
- 12 preprinted envelopes
- Enough adhesive to complete projects
- Linen thread
- A 9-7/8″ x 6-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ (25.1 x 16.5 x 7 cm) printed designer box for storage or crafting on the go
- Product colors: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Evening Evergreen, Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie