Welcome to the Make My Monday challenge, #181. Our host for this challenge, Meg, chose Christmas in August for the theme of this two-week challenge. When you are finished here, I hope you will visit the challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team members created. Then, I hope you’ll be inspired to play along with our challenge!
Here’s my Christmas in August card:
Measurements and Such:
- The Evening Evergreen base measures 8-1/2 inches by 5-1/5 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- This gorgeous background specialty DSP (designer series paper) measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- I trimmed a piece of Evening Evergreen DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. Then, I punched 1-inch circle from a piece of Soft Succulent DSP for the envelope seal.
- I cropped a piece of Evening Evergreen using a die from the Deckled Rectangle set. Then, I ran it through my cut and emboss machine using the pine needles Wintery 3D embossing folder.
- Then, I used a blending brush and my Soft Succulent ink pad to lightly highlight the pine needles. I finished this panel by splattering clear Wink of Stella on it. Then, I very carefully used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the wonderful snowflake to the front of the panel, after which I wrapped a length of Soft Succulent ribbon and tied it in a bow.
- Next, I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark on Evening Evergreen cardstock, and added silver embossing powder. After using my heat tool to set the embossing powder, I cropped the sentiment using the banner die from the Stylish Shapes die set. Finally, I outlined it using the clear Wink of Stella brush to give it sparkle and added dimensionals underneath it..
- Then, I adhered the DSP and the Evening Evergreen panel using multipurpose liquid glue. After adding the popped up sentiment, I placed five rhinestone gems randomly on the front.
- I stamped the inside sentiment in Evening Evergreen ink on a piece of white cardstock that measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches. After adhering the inside panel, I’d completed this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $50 ORDER:
NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE PRODUCTS WHICH ARE FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $100 ORDER:
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023.
Click on the following image to open the catalog:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through August 31, 2022 is W4Q23RT4.