Welcome to Cardz 4 Galz challenge #178. It’s my turn to host, and I chose the theme of black and white plus 1. Any color you choose, which leaves it wide open to your imagination! When you finish here, I hope you will check out the projects from the rest of the design team! I can’t wait to see what you create and post to the gallery.
Here’s my card, in the classic black, white, and Real Red color combination:
I’ve gone back to the Hello Ladybug stamp set and punch for this card! I just love those cute little bugs, and the googly eyes make me smile. I got the googly eyes on Amazon. I picked the following set because it came with over 1.200 googly eyes and a cute little box to hold them. You can find them here. The best part about these little things is that they are self-adhesive. Score!
- The Real Red base measures 11 by 4-1/4 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches.
- Next, I trimmed the checked DSP, from the Gingham Cottage DSP (designer series paper) found in the current mini-catalog. I trimmed one piece to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. Then, I trimmed the second piece to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- The white cardstock on the inside measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- I was able to punch the ladybugs and sentiment labels from my “leftovers” stash. In order to help the Real Red wings stand out, I also punched two white sets of wings.
- That’s it for the measurements.
What I Did:
- I punched the ladybugs from black cardstock.
- Next, I stamped the dots in black ink on Real Red cardstock. Then, I punched the red wings and the extra set of white wings.
- The sentiment comes from the Hello Ladybug stamp set, and seemed perfect for the card and the intended recipient. I cropped both the white sentiment panel and the Real Red mat using the Stylish Shapes dies.
- Next, I wrapped a length of Real Red sheer ribbon around the checked DSP and tied it in a bow. I added a glue dot under the bow to hold it in place and tied.
- I glued the red wings to a set of white wings and adhered them to the ladybugs using multupurpose liquid glue. Then I added dimensionals under the ladybugs.
- After adding the googly eyes, I realized that I’d need something extra on the ladybugs to make them stand out. Therefore, I outlined these cuties with clear Wink of Stella. This added just a bit of bling and they do stand out from the DSP.
- Next, I adhered the sentiment on the white cardstock to the Real Red mat using multipurpose liquid glue. I added dimensionals under the sentiment and adhered it to the front of the card.
- Finally, I trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap and punched a Real Red DSP 1 inch circle for the envelope seal.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set..
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
It’s July, 2022 ~ do you know what that means? The new Holiday Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration are in full swing!!
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023. Click on the following image to open the catalog:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.