Welcome to the Make My Monday #170 challenge! Jackie chose a color challenge using blue, purple, and yellow for #170. When you are finished here, I hope you will visit the challenge website to see the projects from the rest of the design team members. I’m always amazed at how much variety these projects contain.
Here’s my Gorgeous Grape, Pool Party, and Daffodil Yellow Easter card:
I am going to need a number of Easter cards, and after this weekend, I have a good start on my stash. This Hand-penned Flowers DSP (designer series paper) is gorgeous and the art work and colors on each pattern are stunning.
- The Gorgeous Grape base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches to form a tent card.
- In order to meet the blue part of the challenge, I added a Pool Party mat under the scalloped contours die cut. The Pool Party mat measures 3-7/8 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- Next, I trimmed a piece of the DSP to 3-3/8 inches by 4-3/4 inches. It fits perfectly on the inside part of the scalloped contour die cut. I used the Gorgeous Grape Stampin’ Write marker to outline the DSP.
- I also trimmed a piece of the DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
Putting the Card Together:
- Now for the stamping – I started by stamping both the floral spray and the sentiment using the Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad.
- Instead of using the stamps for the inside of the flowers and leaves, I colored them in with Stampin’ Blends. I used the light and dark Highland Heather blends for the flowers. Since there’s only one center of a flower, I just used the light Daffodil Delight blend. Finally, I only used the light Mint Macaron blend to color the leaves. I wanted the Highland Heather flowers to stand out for the color challenge.
- After stamping the sentiment on a scrap piece of white cardstock, I cropped it using a stitched rectangle die. I also outlined the sentiment panel using the Gorgeous Grape marker.
- Next, I wrapped a piece of the sheer Gorgeous Grape ribbon around the DSP and tied it in a square knot.
- I popped up the sentiment and floral spray on dimensionals. I used the multipurpose liquid glue to adhere everything else.
- Finally, I added three In Color 2021 – 2023 rhinestones to the card. One is on the sentiment panel, the other two are on the centers of a couple of daisies.
- HINT: When using embellishments like the rhinestones, try to keep them in a triangle shape. The triangle is pleasing to the eye and keeps your eye moving from one side of the card to the other.
- After I trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap and made the envelope seal, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Check out the March Savings in Bloom Promotion!
This Mini Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine WILL be on my next order! The special is available as long as supplies last, so don’t miss out on the machine or the select bundles! 20% off?!?! Yes, please!!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.