Welcome to C4Galz #167. For this challenge, Lynda chose “something with wings”, which has a huge variety of options. When you are finished here, I hope you pop over to the Cardz 4 Galz site to check out the design team members’ inspirational cards.
I saw a card by Jean Heavrin posted on a Facebook group and she knows I CASE’d (Copy and Share Everything) her card. I changed a couple of things, and came up with this “something with wings” ladybug card:
Black, white, and red has been one of my very favorite combinations since way back when I was in 5th grade. I am thrilled with the way this card turned out!
Here’s the inspiration card posted by Jean:
Measurements and Such:
- The Real Red card base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The Buffalo check DSP, from the host DSP (designer series paper) 48 sheet pack Party Pattern, measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. I also trimmed a piece of the checked DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- Next, I cropped the Read Red and Basic White cardstock pieces using the scalloped contours die set. I placed them on an angle in the corner and then trimmed where I needed.
- The Hello Ladybug stamp set is just plain adorable. The ladybug punch makes assembling these little pieces of cuteness a snap. I stamped both bodies using the Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad. Then I stamped the wings in Real Red, and used the coordinating dot stamp in black. Easy.
- HINT: I found it was easier to cut the stamped white cardstock body and wings apart before trying to punch them out.
- Both ladybugs are popped up on dimensionals. Everything else is attached using multipurpose glue.
- I stamped the greeting, also from the Hello Ladybug stamp set. Then, I added two red dots in the lower scalloped corners.
- As per my usual, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches. Then, I stamped birthday greetings from the Sending You Thoughts stamp set for the inside panel. Next, I stamped a different ladybug from the stamp set on the lower corner.
- Finally, I stamped black dots on a piece of Real Red cardstock and punched out a 1 inch circle for the envelope seal.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
As I was setting the publishing time for this post, I realized that today is Thursday. We had Monday off from work, so I’ve been running a day behind all week. Here I thought I was on time. I was wrong. My apologies.
Basic Crafting Supplies:
It’s Sale-a-Bration Time! Now through February 28th!
Free Product with a Qualifying Purchase! Join incentive of TWO FREE Stamp Sets in addition to the starter kit!
My Favorite Things from the Current Mini Catalog
While the new mini catalog and the Sale-a-Bration catalog are both packed with great products, here are some of my personal favorites.
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.