Welcome to a Valentine’s Day Make My Monday challenge! Billie A. chose using three hearts as the theme for this two-week challenge. When you are finished here, I hope you will hop over to the challenge site to see all the inspirational cards the team created!
Here’s my three hearts card:
Even though it doesn’t photograph well, here’s a close-up of the Wink of Stella I used on the purple hearts dies and the outline of the focal panel:
Measurements and Assembly:
- The Highland Heather card base measures 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches.
- The hearts DSP (designer series paper) started out as a 2-7/8 x 5-3/8 inches rectangle. I used the paper trimmer to cut it diagonally. Originally, this dsp started out as one of a set of 15 Valentine’s Day cards I made for my 4 year-old great-niece to exchange at PK today.
- The Highland Heather DSP measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- I trimmed a coordinating piece of the Valentine’s dsp to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- After I cropped the Real Red cardstock for the focal panel it now measures 4-3/8 inches by 2-3/8 inches.
- Somewhere along the line I purchased a Stampin’ Up! photopolymer stamp set for Valentine’s Day, from which I used the “LOVE” sentiment.
- Next, I used the Stamparatus to double heat emboss the sentiment in white.
- Then, I colored in the LOVE using the Real Red marker.
- In order to meet the challenge theme, I cropped two groups of three hearts for the opposite diagonal sides of the hearts DSP. Before I adhered the hearts, I colored them with the Clear Wink of Stella.
- Then, I decided the Real Red cardstock needed some sparkle, so I outlined it with Wink of Stella.
- I used sentiment stamps from Sweet Conversations in Real Red and Highland Heather for the inside of the card. The inside panel measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- Finally, I used dimensionals under both the Highland Heather DSP to attach it to the card base. I also added dimensionals under the focal LOVE panel. All the other elements were attached using multipurpose glue.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
It’s Sale-a-Bration Time! Now through February 28th!
Free Product with a Qualifying Purchase! Join incentive of TWO FREE Stamp Sets in addition to the starter kit!
My Favorite Things from the Current Mini Catalog
While the new mini catalog and the Sale-a-Bration catalog are both packed with great products, here are some of my personal favorites.
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.