Welcome to Make My Monday # 162! Dawn is hosting this bi-weekly challenge and has chosen the theme of Cute Christmas. When you are done here, I hope you will hop over to the blog and check out all the inspiration from the design team!
Here’s my fun fold card:
Basically, this is a smaller tent fold card inside a bottom flap card. I spent a bit of time on Pinterest looking for an easy fun fold card. when I found this one from Mary Deatherage at Stamps-n-Lingers. I followed all her directions for sizes and folds.
What I Did:
- Mary’s videos are always filled with tips and this one is no exception because she shows how to make the beautiful hydrangea she used on the front.
- For mine, all the DSP, with the exception of the Bumblebee 6×6 inch DSP on the front, comes from the Sweet Stockings 12 x 12 DSP (designer series paper). My favorite pattern from this pack has to be the Christmas lights pattern.
- I cropped the golden retriever using the largest square die in the Stitched Shapes die set.
- The sentiments both come from the Greatest Part of Christmas host set from last year. However, any fun sentiment you have would definitely work. For some strange and unknown reason, I didn’t get this whole suite, but I should’ve done so. I stamped both the front and inside sentiments in Cherry Cobbler.
- I used a label die from the Painted Labels set to crop the front sentiment. It fit perfectly inside the label die and I thought it added a bit of fun.
- The suite also contains a Pool Party striped grosgrain ribbon that I did purchase and wanted to use! I searched for the roll of ribbon and couldn’t find it so I went with the sheer Pool Party ribbon. Of course-, I found the roll of the striped ribbon as soon as I posted this card to the blog design team site. Of course that means I need to create a card with the grosgrain ribbon ASAP.
A Second Card:
Actually, as soon as I typed that last sentence I thought I should just make the card. So, in the middle of getting this post together, I stopped and made a tent card.
Here’s the tent card:
- I used the same DSP patterns, and sentiments inside and out. The biggest difference is that I used the ribbon that is a part of this suite. I could’ve easily completed this card in 15 minutes if I didn’t have so much trouble with the ribbon. It took me longer to tie a decent bow than it did to put everything else together..
- After I trimmed the DSP on the envelope flaps, and punched/XYRON-ed two DSP circles for seals, I’d finished this two card set of coordinated cards/envelopes/and seals.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
BUT WAIT ——– There’s more!!!
Check out the JOINING INCENTIVE for November!!
You chose up to $125 worth of ANY current crafting products that you want to come in your starter kit… for only
$99 $75 in November! Plus shipping is FREE!
Contact me for more information!!! firstname.lastname@example.org
The HOST CODE through November 30, 2021 is 6CCBCK4A.
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments and your time.