Welcome to the Make My Monday challenge #157. Pamela chose an autumn/fall theme for the challenge starting today, September 13, 2021. I’ve seen the design team projects and they are phenomenal! I hope you will pop over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team created. We all look forward to seeing what you create posted in our gallery!
Here’s my card:
When I first chose this DSP (designer series paper), I thought that I might just let the DSP do all the work. I pulled out some Misty Moonlight, Merry Merlot, and Cinnamon Cider cardstock just to play around with the colors and DSP. I knew I needed a “Thinking of You” card, and when I started looking for sentiments that would match what I wanted to do, I came across the Nature’s Harvest stamp set. While I knew I wouldn’t be using any of those sentiments, I thought I could use the dies. With that, finding a layout that worked just fell into place.
- I chose Cinnamon Cider for the base. It measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The Misty Moonlight base measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. You can’t see it, but I cropped the wheat kind of die diagonally from this mat.
- The DSP top layer measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches. I also cut a piece of DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- The white cardstock for the inside panel measures 5-1/4 inches by 4 inches.
- The Cinnamon Cider and Merry Merlot stalks were cropped from scraps. I also cropped the sentiment panel and Misty Moonlight mat from scraps.
What I Did:
- First, I adhered the DSP to the Misty Moonlight mat.
- Then, I started working on the bow using Early Espresso faux suede trim. I don’t put any adhesive down to hold ribbon in place when I am trying to create a bow. Since I am bow-challenged about 50% of the time. Maybe it’s because I am left-handed, but my bows wind up coming out upside down, so I need to be able to take the ribbon off and turn it around. I know I should just tie it starting from the upside down position, but that doesn’t seem to work for me. This time, I tied a pretty decent bow on the third try. Yeah, me!
- I used liquid adhesive to adhere all three stalks on the DSP, slipping them under the ribbon one at a time.
- Next, I stamped the sentiment, from the Peaceful Moments stamp set, on a scrap of white cardstock in Merry Merlot. Then, I cropped the sentiment using a stitched rectangle die.
- The Misty Moonlight sentiment mat was trimmed to size. I used dimensionals under the sentiment, but adhered the mat directly to the DSP. I also put dimensionals under the Misty Moonlight mat under the DSP to accomodate the width of the faux suede ribbon.
Here’s the inside of the card:
- This sentiment comes from the In Your Words host set. It’s a beautiful sentiment, isn’t it? I stamped it in Merry Merlot.
- Those five little, tiny white stars come from the Frightfully Cute die set. I had no idea what that die was supposed to match, so I tested it on a scrap of white cardstock. Adhering them was a bit tricky. First, I put a drop of glue on a dimensional cover, only because it was sitting on my desk Using my opposable tweezers, I was able to just touch the star into the glue and then adhere it to the inside of the card. Those stars are really, really tiny, but they fit so well with this sentiment.
- Finally, it was time to finish up. I adhered and trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap. Then, I punched a 1 inch circle from coordinating DSP and ran it through my XYRON create-a-sticker for an envelope seal.
- With that, this coordinated card/envelope/seal set was done.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this card.
Have a Peachy day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE!
What’s better than getting a delivery from Stampin’ Up!? Getting a delivery with FREE products inside the box! I have a box en route right now and am hoping it’s here this afternoon when I get home from work! Check out the FREE items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $50 purchase:
I’ve earned every $50 and $100 Sale-a-Bration item and have been happily using them! Which ones are your favorites? Let me show you how to earn them for FREE! But, you need to do so before the end of September!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $100 purchase:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.