Welcome to the Cardz 4 Galz challenge #154. Lynda chose a cute dogs theme for National Dogs’ Day. This two week challenge starts today, August 26, 2021. I hope you will pop over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team created as well. We all look forward to seeing what you create in our gallery!
Here’s my National Dogs’ Day card:
I don’t think I will ever tire of the Pampered Pets DSP (designer series paper), stamp set and coordinating dies. The red stitched ribbon and black/white baker’s twine was also part of the suite of products. The DSP is retired, but the stamp set, dies, and ribbon duo is still available. I must remember to add it to my next order.
What I Did:
- There are only a few measurements you need for this card. To start, the Real Red base measures 5-1/2inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The DSP for the envelope flap measures 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches.
- The white cardstock for the inside measures my normal 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- There is a piece of black cardstock right on top of the red cardstock for a distinctive border between die punches.
- I used the tailored tag punch and just punched away on the various dog DSP patterns. I’ll admit I have enough punches to create another card, but that’s for another day.
- When I had enough punches, I started dry-fitting them on the black cardstock. Of course, using the repositionable tape was a huge help with the dry-fitting and trying to find a pattern arrangement with which I was happy.
- I after I was happy, and after I had adhered all the full-sized punches to the black cardstock, I trimmed them by hand using my paper snips.
- The adorable schnauzer is on the DSP and a coordinating die crops it perfectly! The schanuzer got popped up using dimensionals so he would straddle the ribbon.
- Then, I wrapped a length of the ribbon and baker’s twine around the card together and tied it in one bow.
- After stamping the sentiment using the Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad, I cropped it with a stitched rectangle die. Then I outlined the cropped rectangle using the Real Red Stamping Write Marker and popped it up on dimensionals.
- Finally, I stamped “Happy Birthday” on the white cardstock for the inside panel.
- That’s it. It definitely looks more complicated than it was to create the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this card.
Have a Peachy day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE!
What’s better than getting a delivery from Stampin’ Up!? Getting a delivery with FREE products inside the box! I have a box en route right now and am hoping it’s here this afternoon when I get home from work! Check out the FREE items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $50 purchase:
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $100 purchase:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.