Welcome to the Make My Monday challenge #154. Wei chose a slimline theme for the challenge starting today, August 2, 2021. I hope you will pop over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team created as well. We all look forward to seeing what you create in our gallery!
Here’s my card:
Before I begin, I need to let you know that this blog post will be very short, but hopefully sweet. As I’ve said before, I live in Central Florida, about halfway between Orlando and Daytona Beach. We have been having heat index temperatures between 98-102 for quite a while. Saturday our air conditioning went out and my blue room, aka craft studio, is already the warmest room in the house. I feel like the Wicked Witch in that I am melting. So, short and sweet, I hope.
- The Pear Pizazz base measures 9 inches by 8 inches, scored at 4 inches to create a tent card.
- The white cardstock on the front of the card measures 3-7/8 inches by 8-7/8 inches.
- The white cardstock for the inside panel measures 3-3/4 inches by 8-3/4 inches.
- Everything else on the front of the card comes from scraps.
- One day I need to explain how I keep my scraps. I always say I am using scraps, but without an explanation of how they are stored, it might not make sense.
What I Did:
- I colored the white cardstock for the front using my blending brushes. Balmy Blue provides a nice color for the sky and lets the white clouds pop. I used Pear Pizazz for the grassy area.
- Everything else, right down to the grass stamp, comes from the Sale-a-Bration catalog! You know what that means: FREE STUFF with a qualifying purchase.
- The Counting Sheep stamp set is FREE with a $50 purchase, and the Sheep Dies are FREE with a $50 purchase. So, with a $100 purchase, you get the stamp set and dies FREE. FREE is good!
- Since sheep are not always pure white, I used a blending brush and smoky slate ink to give all three sheep some color. The stamping blends made coloring their legs, ears, and faces a breeze.
- Their adorable little party hats, also found in the stamp set and die set, are colored with Balmy Blue and Old Ol
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog. I appreciate every visit and comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration start tomorrow, August 3, 2021!!
Catalog Cover Images for a Sneak Peek:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.