Welcome to the Make My Monday challenge #153. Debbie chose a trees theme for the challenge starting today, July 19, 2021. I hope you will pop over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team created as well. We all look forward to seeing what you create in our gallery!
For this challenge, I used my very first Stampin’ Up! stamp set: Lovely as a Tree. I remember how excited I was at the quality of the used stamp set I’d purchased on eBay. When I purchased the stamp set, I really didn’t know anything about Stampin’ Up!. However, I was so completely in love with the details in the stamped images that I tried to get my husband just as excited. For some strange and unknown reason, he wasn’t as excited as I. This one stamp set started me on my SU!
obsession journey. Yeah, that’s it – a journey.
Here’s my card:
- The So Saffron base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches to create a tent.
- I used Whisper White for the front and the inside panel of the card. The front piece of white measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. As usual, the inside panel measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- Since I stamped the same tree image on the envelope flap, I didn’t need anything else.
Masking with Post-it notes:
Thankfully, the finished card completely matches the picture I had in my head before I started.
- The width of the stamped image measures about 4 inches. That’s how I determined that she size of the background box I needed would measure 4-1/2 inches by 1-3/4 inches. Before I did anything else with the card, I needed to mask off the area I needed. When masking straight lines, Post-it notes are one of the best ways to accomplish a clean edge.
- If you don’t have Post-It notes, using repositionable tape on the back of copy paper works just as well.
- Here’s a picture of my mask:
Ink Pads and Blending Brushes, and Sentiments:
- I started to color the panel with Basic Grey ink and a blender brush along the bottom edge. Without putting more ink on the brush, I started swirling up the marked off box. My goal was to have the grey blending into the yellow to resemble a misty morning.
- HINT: In order to get a smooth color while using the blending brush, it helps to gently tap off the brush a couple of times.
- Then, I started using the So Saffron ink pad and a blending brush along the top. I did reink the brush with the yellow as I worked my way down into the grey.
- When I was satisfied with the depth of the So Saffron color, I went back to the Basic Grey. This time I gently pulled the grey color up into the yellow. I didn’t reink the brush a second time after I started pulling color upwards.
- After I removed the post-it notes, I stamped the image from Lovely as a Tree. I purposely lined the top of the stamp up with the top edge of the colored panel. I wanted to have the bottom of the stamp run slightly over the bottom edge.
- The sentiments on the inside and outside of the card come from the new Color and Contour stamp set. I used Smoky Slate for the sentiments.
- Next, I stamped another tree image in the bottom, left corner on the inside panel.
- Before adhering the front panel to the outside of the card, I used the Basic Grey Stampin’ Write Marker to outline the white cardstock. I wanted this outline to go with the misty morning, so the width of the outline varies as I went around the cardstock.
- Finally, I adhered both pieces of white cardstock using multipurpose glue.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
The KITS COLLECTION is Available!
These all-inclusive kits are for beginning stampers, casual stampers, and avid stampers. There are only two things you will need to have on-hand to create the same cards as shown in the directions included with each kit: liquid adhesive and scissors for the ribbon/twine. That’s it!
These KITS are available to view online only, but I’ve included each of the available kits below:
Just click on the picture of each kit to see what’s included!
Take a look at this video explaining what you get with your kit! Remember, the kits are all inclusive! Just add some of your own crafting basic tools, and you are good to go!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your Stamping Rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.