Welcome to this week’s Make My Monday challenge # 146! I’m the host for this week’s challenge, which is Checks or Plaid. I have DSP (Designer Series Paper) in both of this week’s patterns. However, for some reason I made it a bit more involved.
Here’s my card:
See what I mean about involved? I decided to make my own check pattern. Once I did the math, it really came together easily.
Here’s the outdoor theme challenge banner for Paper Craft Crew #421:
Measurements and Math
- The card base measures 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent fold.
- In my humble opinion, this set of DSP patterns look stunning on black backgrounds, so that’s what I did. The black mat measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- I used the Butterfly Bijou DSP, but once you have the dimensions of the boxes, any DSP will work. For my card, there I chose to have four columns and 5 rows. Since all the math stays the same, this could also be a landscape card.
- The boxes each measure 1 inch by 15/16 inches. In my happy world, I find it easier to measure it out to 1 inch by 1 line before 1 inch on my paper trimmer. Either way, it comes out the same.
- I started cutting the DSP to place it on the black mat from the bottom up. First, I cut a 1 inch strip, then started cutting the 15/16 inch pieces. I made sure that I kept the pieces in order so that I could match all of them up as I went. I found it much easier to adhere each row down as I cut it out. This process helped me keep the DSP pattern in order.
- Since I had the DSP out, I cut a piece measuring 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. I’ve also found that I really need to adhere the envelope flap when I cut out the paper. If I don’t, then I tend to put the strip away with the DSP, which means I later start searching.
Adding the Rest of the Elements
- Since I want to be able to add an inside sentiment when I am ready to send this card out, I wanted to keep the outside sentiment very generic. I think “Thinking of You” allows me to add a variety of sentiments from get well to just a hello card.
- The sentiment from the front of the card is from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set. I stamped it using the Momento Tuxedo Black stamp pad on white cardstock.
- Next, I cropped the sentiment using the Stitched So Sweetly die set. The sentiment mat in Just Jade is also cropped using that die set. I outlined both pieces using my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Next, I wrapped the Just Jade ribbon around the black base mat, and tied it in a little bow. I decided on a left-hand placement for the bow after dry-fitting the sentiment pieces on the front of the card.
- I used large glue dots to adhere the Just Jade sentiment mat just for a bit of height, which made it easier for it to lay down over the ribbon.
- The actual sentiment panel has dimensionals under it for more height.
- Finally, I played around with the two butterflies to decide where they needed to live and used multipurpose glue and dimensions to adhere them down.
- After adhering a 5-1/4 inch by 4 inch white cardstock panel to the inside of the card, I trimmed the DSP on the envelope flap.
- Finally, I punched a coordinating piece of DSP using my 1 inch circle punch. Then I ran that circle through my XYRON create-a-sticker machine. By creating a sticker, I can seal the envelope cleanly and germ-free.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinating card/envelope/sticker seal set. I think it’s gorgeous, and am quite sure it will be going in the mail quickly.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Pre-Order Has Begun!
So far, I’ve only gotten the new In-Color basic supplies. However, I will be putting in another pre-order. There are two suites at the top of my wish list, and as soon as I can order them, I will. There’s a sneak peak of the first suite on the cover of the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog:
That DSP is absolutely, stunningly gorgeous! I can not wait to order this on May 4th!
If you want to be able to take advantage of the pre-order period, let me know! You can join with an order of just $125 of supplies for $99. There’s no obligation, either!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.