I always enjoy creating a two-fer card, and this one is no different. As a matter of fact, once I saw the tic-tac-toe banner for this week’s Paper Craft Crew 385 challenge, everything fell into place for Case This Sketch #381. When I sat down to start creating, the card just about created itself. I chose the left vertical column using the birthday theme, tropical feel, and distressed element.
Here’s my card:
Here are the challenge banners:
Honestly, this DSP wasn’t a top favorite when it came out for the mini-catalog from January – June. Then I started seeing cards using the DSP and it really grew on me very quickly. I combined this retired DSP with the current Timeless Tropical cling stamp set for these challenges.
Even picking the combination of the DSP patterns went fairly quickly. Once I had those, the rest just fell into place, as I said before.
- The Soft Suede card base measures 4-1/4″ by 11″, scored at 5-1/2″.
- I chose the Pear Pizzazz grass cloth pattern for the largest mat of the card. I cut the mat to 4-1/8″ by 5-3/8″. In order to achieve a distressed look, I used the large nail file I keep specifically for crafts to sand all four sides.
- Next, I cut the tropical flower DSP to 3-3/4″ by 4-7/8″. There really wasn’t a special reason for this size, I just liked the way it looked.
- Using the Soft Suede brush tip marker, I outlined and distressed the floral DSP piece. While I’ve used the markers to outline DSP before, I needed to achieve a distressed look so I wasn’t careful about just coloring the edges.
- Cutting the Pool Party stripes took a little bit of trial and error to find what I wanted. Each stripe is just about 1/2″ wide and 4-7/8″ long. HINT: I’ve found it is much easier to trim thin stripes on the paper trimmer by using a Post-It note. I put the sticky side of the Post-It on one of the long sides in order to be able to trim it so thin.
- Using the brush end of the Pool Party marker, I outlined and distressed both thin stripes.
- I love the script font in the Timeless Tropical stamp set and happily used the birthday stamp for the sentiment. I didn’t want a bold palm tree on the left side of the scrap piece of white cardstock I used for the sentiment. Therefore, I second generation stamped the palm tree using Pear Pizzazz. Next, I used Soft Suede to stamp the sentiment. After cropping the sentiment using a rectangle stitched die, I added dimensionals to the back.
- As long as I had the Soft Suede stamp pad out, I stamped the Rest and Relax, You deserve it stamp for the inside sentiment. I also used the Pear Pizzazz to second generation palm trees on the bottom, right-hand corner. The inside white cardstock panel is 4″ by 5-1/4″ and adhered onto the card base.
- I also stamped the palm trees on the bottom, left-hand corner on the front of the envelope. Then I made sure to close the stamp pad and moved it to the side. I may or may not have had some issues with open stamp pads.
- Then, I went back to the front sentiment panel and cropped it using the rectangle stitched dies. I put dimensionals on the back of the sentiment and adhered it to the front of the card. Since I wanted the sentiment to stand out, I only used dimenstionals for that for the sentiment. I used the multipurpose liquid glue to adhere all the other elements to the card.
- After adhering a piece of the Pear Pizzazz grass cloth DSP to the envelope flap, this card/envelope set was finished. A very quick card!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d also love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Guess What’s Going On Now, but only until June 30th!
Bonus Days! Earn a $5 coupon for every $50 in product for the month of July. Spend your coupons in August!
The new mini-catalog goes live in August! Coupons and new products; a match made in heaven!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do! Even more so because of the products in the NEW catalog. This NEW catalog is FABULOUS!! Wait until you see the new MINI-CATALOG!! Stay tuned for sneak peeks of those items! I’ll be using some new mini-catalog items for the InKing Royalty blog hop on Wednesday!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown so YOU can take advantage of the STAMPIN REWARDS YOU EARN. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! I want YOU to get the stamping rewards you earn for your order over $150.00 Any order over $50 will earn a gift from me and an August – December mini-catalog. Just take a look at the gorgeousness of this cover:
Even though I can’t show you the inside pages until August 4th, I can show you sneak peeks!