Fab Friday 166 Card Challenge

Fab Friday for this 2 week period is to use all 5 of the new In Colors for 2019 – 2021.  Since I am off for the summer, I have been organizing and purging and came across painter’s tape.  The tape reminded me of a technique I used a few years ago, and I thought it would work pretty darn well.  The background mat for the card had to be Purple Posy since the ink and markers are not available yet.  

Here’s my card and the challenge banner:



After that easy mat decision was made, I had to organize the remaining colors into the order of my stripes.  I  tried to get the colors a sunset kind of order, so the darkest is on the bottom and the lightest on the top.  The order from bottom up is Pretty Peacock, Seaside Spray, Terracotta Tile, and Rococo Rose.  

If at First You Don’t Succeed,

Try, try, and try again.   The first time I tried “stamping” with the painter’s tape, it turned out way too dark.  The stripes are very simple to create;  simply take a length of painter’s tape and place it on the ink pad.  At first, my result was too dark, as pictured below.  

My second attempt was to not press the tape on the ink pad as hard as I had done the first time.  However, that was still too dark.  I finally wound up stamping off the tape before lining it up on the card.  I really like the distressed look of the stripes, and can believe I got the stripes straight.  Success!

Free as a Bird

I knew from the beginning that I wanted to use the birds on a branch for this card.  Therefore, I stamped the birds, sentiment, and leave all in Tuxedo Black.  

When I put the card together, including popping up the top layer on dimensionals, I decided that it needed “something”.  I still have some of the retired black dots from the holiday catalog, and put one in the center of the flowers below the branch and one on the leaves.  

When I came back to the card the next day, I decided that it still needed something to make the stamped images really stand out.  I grabbed my clear Wink of Stella and applied a couple of layers to the stamped images.  It’s not easy to get pictures of Wink of Stella on cards, so I hope you can see the sparkles on the birds in the picture below:

I finally feel like the card is done.  Since everything was pretty easy, and since I only used Tuxedo Black ink, the Free as a Bird stamp set, and the Wink of Stella, I think I created a #simplestamping card.  

Thank you for stopping by today.

Have a Peachy Day!