Welcome to the 206th edition of the biweekly Make My Monday challenge. Our host, Mary V., chose Space Travel as the theme. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see the creations from the rest of the design team. I really struggled with this one, but everyone else seems to have nailed it! We can’t wait to see what you create, so please remember to upload your projects to the gallery.
Here’s my faux shaker Space Travel card:
I said it’s a faux shaker card because it’s the much easier version. To create this card, you need to use the Stampin’ UP! medium envelopes, item # 102619, pictured below:
These envelopes measure 5-3/4 by 4-3/8 inches, but will fold and burnish easily to match the size of your inside DSP (designer series paper). Connie Stewart posted a quick Tuesday Tip video showing how to create the faux shaker card. You can see that here.
HINT: For the insides of the shaker card, I added some sequins to some Kosher Salt and a little bit of glitter. Yes, you read that correctly: Kosher Salt. It’s fabulous for shaker cards and I’ve used it for years in my shakers.
- The Blackberry Bliss base measures 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- Trim a piece of DSP to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches for the inside.
- You need a coordinating piece of DSP for the frame. I started with a piece that’s 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inches and cropped it using the deckled rectangle dies to create a frame.
- I added a 1/2 by 4 inch of DSP to the bottom of the 4 by 5-1/4 inch white cardstock for the inside of the card.
- Trim another piece of DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- Punch 1-inch circle using a coordinating piece of DSP for the envelope seal and run it through your XYRON create-a-sticker machine.
- That’s it for the measurements.
- Put the DSP into the clear envelope. Make sure you have the adhesive tab facing the back.
- The most important thing is to make sure that you have the bottom corner of the DSP firmly in place in the corner of the clear envelope.
- After I folded and burnished the clear envelope to fit my DSP, I used tear & tape to keep the side fold in place.
- Add your shaker pieces to the inside of the envelope.
- The shaker part adds bulk, so I didn’t want to use dimensionals to adhere the frame in place. Therefore, I used tear & tape to adhere it to the envelope.
- Using VersaMark ink, stamp your sentiment on Blackberry Bliss cardstock. Cover it with silver embossing powder and heat set it.
- Crop your sentiment making sure your ends line up with the outside frame of your card.
- Add 1 dimensional under the sentiment banner so it doesn’t get bent down in the mail.
- Add the white cardstock with the DSP trim to the inside of the card.
- That’s it. With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
What’s better than shopping with Stampin’ UP!
How about earning $5 coupons?
Today, July 31, 2023, is the last day to order and earn coupons!
I can NOT wait until Wednesday, 08/02/2023 to use my coupons! Current demos get to preorder from the mini-catalog for the holidays! My list is ready and prioritized!
I’m so much more excited about the mini-catalog than I was about the annual catalog! I’m over the moon excited! (See how I got the space travel theme in here??)