Welcome to the Make My Monday challenge # 173. Debbie chose happy birthday for this two-week challenge theme. When you are finished here, I hope you will pop over to the Make My Monday challenge site to see what the rest of the design team created.
Here’s my birthday card using the Try Stampin’ on Tuesday sketch challenge #552:
When I started thinking about this theme, I decided that I would only use “scraps” from my Pool Party, Basic White, and Basic Black stash. I keep my cardstock sheets in letter sized file folders in alphabetical order. Each color’s file folder has an 8 x 8 inch page protector for “scraps”. I’m a teacher and a crafter, so I don’t stand a chance when it comes to keeping things I might use some day. This card is proof I can and will use my leftovers. A bit more on that in just a minute.
First, here’s the sketch I used for inspiration:
I hope you can see the sketch in the front panel of my fun fold Z-card.
Measurements and Leftovers:
- As I said, just about everything came from my leftovers in the 8 x 8 inch page protectors. I did need to use a piece of white cardstock for the inside panel, a black dot, and 4 1/2 inch circles for the center of the daisy.
- I already had the Pool Party base leftover and scored just the way I needed it. The base measures 8-1/2 inches by 5-1/2 inches. It was already scored at 4-1/4 inches and 2-1/8 inches to create the z-fold.
- The two daisy pieces were punched already, and the white layer was already dry embossed
- I had the black frame leftover from cropping out the center for another project. The black cardstock for the sentiment also came from leftovers.
- All I needed to do for all the DSP pieces was trim them down to size. Like I said, I keep all kinds of pieces, and the black cardstock leftovers finally came in handy. Even the 4-1/8 inch by 5-3/8 inch black cardstock for the bottom layer is a leftover from a previous project. You can’t see it now, but there’s a rectangle cropped from the middle that I’d used on a previous project.
- Even the Pool Party for the front framed area used to live in my leftover page protector. However, I did need to run it through my cut and emboss machine using the Subtle embossing folder.
Try Stampin’ on Tuesday
- In order to be in line with the TSOT sketch challenge, I used white baker’s twine at the top of the front panel. I folded the twine three times, wrapped it around the frame and tied it in a bow. So much easier than trying to wrap it around three times and tie off a tiny bow. I used a glue dot to keep the bow in place.
- The sentiment, from the Hello Ladybug cling stamp set, was stamped in VersaMark then heat set using white embossing powder.
- The inside sentiment comes from the Biggest Wish photopolymer stamp set.
- I did have to scrounge to find a leftover piece of DSP for the envelope flap. The basic gray DSP does come from a leftover piece of DSP. Once I found it, I trimmed it to 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches for the envelope flap.
- I used mini-dimensionals under each white petal of the daisy. I used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere everything else.
- After double-checking the inspiration sketch, I realized I needed something in the lower, right-hand corner. I grabbed my matte black dots, and finished the card.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card and envelope set. I stayed true to the challenge I gave myself in that I used all but two leftovers.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Check out the 2022 – 2024 New In Colors!
As a demonstrator, I’ve already seen the new 2022 – 2023 catalog and it’s fabulous! I am thrilled to be able to pre-order products on Friday, April 1st (no fooling!). While I can’t show you the inside pages of the catalog, I can share the new 2022 – 2024 In Colors with you! Get ready!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through April 30, 2022 is VRBF62NN.
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments and your time.