Welcome to another Cardz 4 Guyz challenge! Julie chose “Age is Just a Number” as the theme for challenge #277. I hope you will pop over to the C4G blog to see what the rest of the design team created as well!
Here’s my card:
- The Early Espresso card base measures 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches. I scored it at 5-1/2 inches to create a landscape card.
- The Very Vanilla cardstock for both the background on the front and the panel on the inside measure 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- I used DSP from In Good Taste for the fence pieces.
- The sentiment was stamping in Early Espresso on a scrap of Very Vanilla, then cropped using a stitched rectangle die.
- The Old Olive DSP for the flag and balloons on the front were also scraps. I trimmed a piece of the Old Olive 6 x 6 inch DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. Since I have a habit of misplacing these pieces, I have started adhering them to the envelope immediately.
What I Did:
- First, I stamped the goat in Early Espresso where I wanted him to live on the card. Then, I stamped one of the goats on copy paper and fussy cut it out to use as a mask. The removable adhesive really keeps a mask in place for the duration of the blending and/or stamping process.
- Next, I stamped the grass in Old Olive on the bottom of the Very Vanilla. I stamped grass about 3/4 inch up from the bottom. so it peeks out from behind the fence.
- Then, I used Balmy Blue and a blending brush for the sky. I purposely left darker and lighter areas of the sky for depth and texture.
- After I was happy with the blending of the sky, I removed the mask and used the Crumb Cake and Soft Suede blends to color in the goat. (Am I the only one who would LOVE to have Early Espresso blends???)
- Using the sheep dies, I cropped two pieces of the fence and mounted them on dimensionals.
- I also mounted the sentiment block, the center balloon, and the flag on dimensionals.
- As an afterthought, I added stamped the open tin can on Crumb Cake paper and fussy cut it out. I thought the best place for it would be near the goat.
- Then I turned my attention to the inside panel of the card. Here’s what I did for that:
- I decided to stamp the same goat on the front, bottom, left corner of the envelope. I stamped “Way to GOAT” on the opposite bottom corner.
- After that, all I needed to do was trim the DSP on the envelope flap.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog. I appreciate every visit and comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE!
One of my favorite bundles and coordinating Sale-a-Bration DSP:
PENGUIN PLACE BUNDLE (ENGLISH)
PENGUIN PLAYMATES 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through August 31, 2021 is CJQW69XN.
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments and your time.