Welcome to another Cardz 4 Galz biweekly challenge! Caz chose the theme for challenge # 159 and picked Clean and Simple. When you are done here, I hope you will hop over to the challenge blog to check out the cards from all the other design team members. There’s a great deal of inspiration all on one post!
I’m a bit late, which seems to be the theme of my life this week, but here’s my card:
Measurements and Such:
- The Misty Moonlight base measures 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches and scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent card.
- I used a scrap piece of white cardstock and a blending brush to create the Misty Moonlight circle.
- The white cardstock for the top of the card started out as 4-1/4 inches by 5-1/2 inches. I didn’t trim it down to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches until after I ran it through my Cut and Emboss machine using the pine needles 3D folder from the Wintry duo. This folder will fit in the mini Cut and Emboss, so I did have to run it through twice. Since it is a 3D folder, it’s better to wait until after the cardstock is embossed to trim it. I used dimensionals to raise up this layer.
- While I was embossing, I also embossed the envelope flap.
- The Christmas tree comes from the Whimsy and Wonder suite collection. There are two layers to the tree because I wound up with a happy accident. After cropping the first white tree, I thought it would be a good idea to color the whole tree with clear Wink of Stella. However, it was not such a good idea at all. That’s when I decided to crop another tree using the glossy white cardstock. I did purposely offset the top tree just a tiny bit to allow some of the Wink of Stella to show.
- The sentiment also comes from the Whimsy and Wonder suite I stamped it in Misty Moonlight then very quickly added clear embossing powder. Then I use my heat tool to set it, then outlined the trimmed cardstock.
- Next, I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the top layer and tied it in a simple square knot.
- Three basic pearls finished the card off.
Here’s the inside, which is as clean and simple as the front:
- As always, the inside cardstock measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- Both the sentiment and the tree can also be found in the Whimsy and Wonder suite collection.
- I stamped off Misty Moonlight ink before stamping the tree. Then, I used a full inking for the little lights stamp.
- Finally, I used the clear Wink of Stella to add a bit of bling on each of the lights on the tree.
- I repeated the tree process on the front bottom left-hand corner of the envelope.
- Tada! Done! I may be biased, but I think it turned out beautifully!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Check out the NEW EDEN”S GARDEN preview collection from the upcoming January – June mini-catalog! Customer pre-order is from now to January 3, 2021
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.