Welcome to the newest two-week Cardz 4 Guyz challenge, Our host, Dawn, chose Something Sporty as the theme for #316. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see the all the projects from the rest of the design team members.
For a few years, I’ve been making cards for a work colleague’s family birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc. His father’s birthday is at the beginning of March, and the only request was to use the colors of the Mets baseball team. Therefore, I used Pacific Point and Calypso Coral to create a beachy scene. We’re in Florida, so the beach is definitely something “sporty”. At least that’s my story for this challenge.
Here’s my double z-fold card:
I added the white panel to the back of the card so there’d be enough room to write a note and sign it.
- The Pacific Point base measures 11 by 4-1/4 inches, scored at 2-3/4 and 5-1/2 inches.
- Two of the dark DSP (designer series paper) panels measure 2-5/8 by 4-1/8 inches. The third measures 5-3/8 by 4-1/8 inches.
- The Calypso Coral DSP strip measures 11 inches by 1-1/2 inches, scored at 2-3/4 and 5-1/2 inches.
- The white panel on the back measures 5-3/8 by 4-1/8 inches.
- The last cut measures 6 by 2-1/2 inches of the Calypso Coral DSP for the envelope flap.
- I used multipurpose liquid glue to attach the Pacific Point DSP panels.
- Next, I attached the Calypso Coral DSP. Just make sure that the 5-1/2 inch side to the front fold only. The shorter pieces go on the right side of the card. You only want to adhere the short panel to the inside, right side.
- I stamped the pier using Momento Tuxedo Black ink. Then, I colored the piers using Cajun Craze blends. I colored the pelican using a Basic Grey marker. The final coloring was done using the Basic Black marker to outline the rope. Then, I cropped the piece using the die from the Waves die set. I adhered it using dimensionals.
- Next, I cropped two of the waves using the same die set. I used white cardstock for the bottom layer and the Calypso Coral DSP for the top layer. After layering the two pieces, I attached them to the Calypso Coral DSP strip.
- I used the sentiment from the stamp set on white cardstock then cropped it using a die from the waves set. I added white ribbon to each of the ends, then attached only the left side to the front fold.
- Finally, I stamped the wave in Calypso Coral on the white cardstock. Then I stamped the sentiment in Pacific Point.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card and envelope set.
Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Just a few more days for Sale-a-Bration!
HOST CODE = Y6CTX7D3
Here are some additional items which you can earn for FREE with a qualifying purchase!