Welcome to the two-week Cardz 4 Guyz challenge # 306. For this challenge, our host, Dawn, chose teddy bears. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge website to be inspired by the absolutely adorable teddy bears! If you are inspired to play along, please enter your creation in our gallery!
The first thing I found out when working on this card is that I don’t have any teddy bear stamps! I have bears, neither of which can remotely be considered a teddy bear! Therefore, I turned to the best place to go for inspiration – Pinterest! There I found inspiration using punches to create a teddy bear overhang. I CASe’d a card from Rubber Obession‘s card and came up with this card:
- The Early Espresso base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The Pool Party mat measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. I cropped the sentiment mat from the center of the Pool Party mat using a deckled rectangle die.
- I already had the Very Vanilla embossed piece of cardstock. The final measurement for that is 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- HINT: when using the 3D embossing folders, trim your cardstock to size after you emboss the cardstock. Since these folders have such a deep emboss, if you cut the paper first, it won’t be the desired size after it’s embossed.
- Next, I trimmed the Very Vanilla cardstock for the inside to 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- Then, I cropped the VV cardstock for the sentiment using another deckled rectangle die.
- Finally, I trimmed a piece of Early Espresso 6 x 6 inch DSP (designer series paper) to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the Very Vanilla envelope flap.
What I Did:
- I punched the Early Espresso circles for the teddy bear face and ears using the —— and —— punches.
- At this this time, I also punched a Very Vanilla circle for the lower part of the face using the —- punch. I lined the top up where I wanted it and trimmed the excess.
- Next, I punched the eyes and nose using the —- punch. I realized I didn’t have a white fine line marker, so I had to improvise. I do have a VersaMark pen and drew in the arcs that I wanted. Then I used white embossing powder and heat set the powder. A marker would’ve been better, but this worked.
- After dry fitting all the teddy bear pieces using removable tape, I ran the pieces through the (retired) subtles embossing folder.
- HINT: Do not use even removable tape when running pieces through an embossing folder. I wanted the texture to line up across all the pieces. However, the pressing in the folder made removing the pieces basically impossible.
- I stamped the sentiment using Early Espresso ink and a stamp from ————
- After adhering the sentiment on its May, i put dimensionals under the mat.
- Then I figured out where I wanted the bear pieces to go, I added dimensionals as needed under the pieces.
- After I stamped the sentiment and adhered the inside panel, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today.
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Paper-crafting Supplies:
Why is today, October 4, 2022, so special?
First: Who doesn’t LOVE a free shipping day?
Second: Who doesn’t LOVE free products? For the month of October, 2022, there’s a Stampin” UP! special promotion for joining!
Third: The Birthday Organizer Kit is now available! Item # 161056
I am in the process of making my mother and my aunt each a set of birthday cards which they will be able to use for the year. More information will be forthcoming on the cards, but this organizer will be absolutely perfect for each of them!
Here’s the video that convinced me I had to have these kits to add to the presents I am making:
I hope I convinced you that October 4, 2022 is indeed a special day! Contact me for more information or to join my team!
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through October 31, 2022 is TYFZJGYE.
Once again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I hope you will take another minute and leave a comment.