Welcome back to another Cardz 4 Guyz challenge! This time, the design team members have created cards for teenagers! I used my nephew as inspiration for my card. We live in Florida, so the palm trees fit, but the designer series paper (DSP) appears to be more Hawaiian. He’s a big surfer, and loves his vintage jeep, so this vintage panel van seems appropriate.
I got the idea for this fun fold from Jackie Bolhuis with Klompenstampers . It’s a very simple card fold using DSP for the card base.
Here’s my card:
Super Simple Fun Fold
This card is one of the easiest fun folds around.
- Start with a piece of DSP measuring 5-1/2 inches by 12 inches. Score the DSP at 1-3.4 inches, 4-/34 inches and 7-3/4 inches. Fold up accordion style, making sure that the side you want to show the most is facing up.
- While Jackie’s card has a portrait orientation, because of the print I used I needed to use a landscape orientation.
- I chose to make this a birthday card and used the bold font sentiment from the Approaching Perfection stamp set.
- The inside greeting is stamped on white cardstock using Soft Suede ink. This gorgeous sentiment is from the Timeless Tropical cling stamp set, which coordinates with the DSP. I added a couple of the palm tree stamps in Old Olive just because.
- Since I didn’t want the white DSP showing when the card is closed, I trimmed a 1/2 inch piece of DSP for the bottom of the white cardstock.
- After using dimensionals under the birthday sentiment and adhering the inside panel, I’d completed the card.
- Then, I trimmed a coordinating piece of DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. After trimming the DSP, I’d finished this card/envelope set.
After deciding on my DSP pattern, this card came together in under 15 minutes. If you need a quick card, this one is the way to go. It lets the DSP do all the work, literally.
My DH and I have a dear friend who is going through a pretty rough time right now. I knew I wanted to make her a card, and thought I’d use this fun fold in the portrait orientation so I can show you another example.
Here’s that card:
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Take a look at the January – June Mini Catalog!
If you liked the “Hey, Chick” stamp set from two years ago, you are going to LOVE these bundles!
Happy Birthday Chick and Hey Chick stamp sets! Each stamp set has it’s own coordinating die set!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.