Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June Blog Hop! We are inspired by circles for this month’s hop and are excited to share our creations with you. We hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I combined the Bright & Beautiful DSP (designer series paper) with the Zoo Crew DSP and dies.
Here’s my circles themed card:
Cuteness overload! I love the Zoo Crew suite, and the Bright and Beautiful 6 x 6 inch DSP fit the picture in my head.
- Trim a piece of Berry Burst cardstock to 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches. Score at 4-1/4 inches.
- Trim a piece of black cardstock to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- I cropped both the black circle and the sentiment banner mat from the above piece of black cardstock. No one will see the ugly underneath and I value my cardstock.
- Trim a piece of the Bright and Beautiful DSP to 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- Trim a coordinating piece of Bright and Beautiful DSP to 1/2 by 5-1/4 inches to line the white cardstock on the inside.
- Trim a piece of coordinating cardstock to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- Punch a 1 inch circle from a piece of coordinating cardstock for the envelope seal. I use the XYRON create-a-sticker to do this. You can find the link on Amazon here for the sticker maker. The link for the permanent adhesive refills can be found here.
- Using the largest circle die from the Stylish Shapes die set, crop a black cardstock circle.
- I used the DSP pattern with the music notes and the animals. Crop a circle, which includes the singing turtle, using the second largest circle die.
- Using the Zany Zoo die set, crop another turtle. Please dimensionals under this cropped turtle.
- Stamp the sentiment using VersaMark on a piece of the ombre Bright and Beautiful DSP.
- Cover the VersaMark ink using black embossing powder and heat set.
- Crop the sentiment label and the black cardstock mat using the banner dies from Stylish Shapes die set.
- Adhere the circle DSP to the black cardstock using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Wrap a length of the ribbon duo combo pack around the black cardstock and tie in a square knot.
- HINT: I found it easier to get the square knot tied first, even if the ribbon was loose. Then, I cut the ribbon on the back and adhered it in place with tear & tape. This allowed me to place my square knot where I wanted it without having to worry about getting the ribbon tight or on straight.
- Attach the black cardstock to the Berry Burst cardstock using liquid glue. You might find it easier to adhere if you use dimensionals instead.
- Adhere the circle of DSP to the black circle and adhere it on the circle DSP.
- Using liquid glue, adhere the sentiment banner to the black mat banner.
- Add dimensionals under the sentiment banner using the DSP and black cardstock circles as guides.
- Adhere your sentiment banner due to the front of the card. I place the sentiment banner so that the turtle on dimensionals would look like it’s standing on the banner. This matches where the turtle is in the center of the notes on the DSP.
- Stamp your inside sentiment on the white cardstock using Tuxedo Black Momento ink. I used a sentiment from the Color and Contour stamp set.
- Adhere the strip of coordinating DSP to the right side of the white cardstock using liquid glue.
- Finally, adhere the white cardstock to the inside of the Berry Burst base using liquid glue.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal.
Back to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <<— YOU ARE HERE
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a Peachy Day!
BIG NEWS!!! HUGE NEWS!!! FREE SHIPPING TODAY ONLY – 06/21/2023!!
It’s time to sign up for the July Fun in the Sun Paper Pumpkin kit!
My family’s annual beach week is taking place this week. We’ve been doing this for about 45 years, with the exception of the COVID summer. It’s a wonderful time for all of us to get together and enjoy a week at the beach, especially since my great-nieces and nephew are so much fun! This kit goes right along with our Fun in the Sun! Just look at the cuteness in this banner: