Welcome to the latest Cardz 4 Galz two week challenge! Our host, Caz, picked Get Inky for the theme of #177. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge website to see the creations of the rest of the design team members.
Here’s my Get Inky card:
My great-niece is currently obsessed with rainbows and unicorns. Her 6th birthday present is a pastel pink and purple unicorn hooded bathrobe. Therefore, I went with a rainbow birthday card.
- The Gorgeous Grape base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- I used a black cardstock mat, and it measures 5-3/8 by 4-1/8 inches.
- I started with a piece of white cardstock measuring 5-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches. After I had finished creating the rainbow, I trimmed it down to 5-1/4 by 4 inches. Then, I trimmed another piece of white cardstock for the inside to 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- Since I stamped a series of rainbow colors on the envelope flap, that’s about it for measurements.
- I didn’t take pictures of the process of creating the rainbow colored clouds, but I do have pictures from a previous post using the same technique in Bermuda Bay.
- I used a piece of window sheet film and cropped it with the cloud looking die from the basic borders die set. Then, I used the window sheet clouds as a stencil. Here are photos of this process using the stencil, a blender brush, and Bermuda Bay ink:
- I did move the “clouds” as I worked my way up the white cardstock. I also blended very light areas using the dry blender brush.
- The colors I used are Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Pacific Point, Starry Sky, and Gorgeous Grape.
- Here’s my rainbow of clouds before I added anything else:
- I stamped the sentiment from Artfully Layered in Momento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock. Then I cropped it using one of the Tailored Made Tags dies. The hole punched with this die was exactly what I needed for the balloon strings.
- I used my balloon punch and started punching 2021-2023 In Color Vellum and shimmery white cardstock.
- Then, I started dry-fitting the balloons together. When I figured out the placement, I added white baker’s twine and dimensionals under some of the balloons.
- I pulled all the twine strands through the hole in the sentiment tag and just tied a knot.
- After I had it all adhered, I used just a couple of drops of white craft ink to add highlights to the balloons.
- Next, I used the shadow stamp from Wildlife Wonder to stamp the rainbow colors on the envelope flap.
- Finally, I punched a 1 inch circle of Gorgeous Grape DSP for the envelope seal.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
It’s July, 2022 ~ do you know what that means? The new Holiday Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration are in full swing!!
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023. Click on the following image to open the catalog:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through July 31, 2022 is UKDVYZSG.