Welcome to the bi-weekly Cardz 4 Guyz #331. I’m hosting this challenge, and I chose stars for the theme. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see the creations from the rest of the design team. I’m always amazed at each DT member’s creativity and individuality. After you visit C4G, we would be thrilled if you played along with us and upload your own creations to the gallery.
Here’s my clean and simple stars card:
- The Night of Navy base measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches.
- The Crumb Cake mat measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- I used a piece of the O Holy Night DSP and trimmed it to 3-7/8 by 5-1/8 inches. This DSP is currently on backorder and should be back in stock the week of ______
- The coordinating DSP for the envelope flap measures 6 by 2-1/2 inches.
- I punched a 1-inch circle from a piece of the Crumb Cake DSP for the envelope seal.
- The Night of Navy sentiment panel is from a scrap and cropped it using a deckled rectangle die.
- I used the largest deckled rectangle die to crop the white cardstock for the inside of the card.
What I Did:
- Use multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the Crumb Cake layer to the base of the card.
- I outlined the DSP using the clear Wink of Stella pen.
- Then, I splattered Wink of Stella ink on the DSP. To do this, just tap the pen on the cap.
- HINTS: First, the splatters will be more natural if you don’t squeeze ink into the bottom of the pen. If you want more noticeable splatters, use a wetter pen tip. Second, the splatters will go outward farther than you would ever think, so cover up the area surrounding the DSP. It’s always difficult to get the Wink of Stella to show up on a photo, so here’s a close-up:
- Use multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the DSP to the Crumb Cake layer.
- Wipe the scrap of Night of Navy down with your embossing buddy.
- Using the Brightest Glow stamp set, stamp the sentiment in VersaMark ink.
- Cover the sentiment with silver embossing powder and heat set.
- Add dimensionals under the sentiment and adhere to the DSP.
- Using the same stamp set and Night of Navy ink, stamp the sentiment on the white cardstock.
- I outlined the white cardstock using the Wink of Stella ink pen and adhered it using multipurpose liquid glue.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Check out these five gorgeous online exclusive DSP sets! My favorite is the Tartan Foil, and I’m looking forward to getting it in my next order!