Welcome to the newest Make My Monday two-week challenge.. Our host for #197, Pamela, chose P is for …… In my case, I am going with P is for Purple. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see all the different and fabulous interpretations of this challenge. I’m looking forward to seeing what you all create and post to our gallery.
I also want to thank all of you who uploaded an entry for the challenge #196, Spring Colors, which I hosted. Picking my top five favorites was very difficult.
Here’s my P is for …Purple card:
- The Gorgeous Grape base measures 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- Trim a piece of black cardstock to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- Next, trim a piece of Hues of Happiness DSP (designer series paper) to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- Using the Split Textures die, crop the lower side of the DSP.
- Trim a piece of Hues of Happiness DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- Then, trim another piece to 1/2 inch by 5-1/4 inches for the trim on the white cardstock on the inside of the card.
- Punch a 1-inch circle or coordinating DSP for the envelope seal.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4 by 5-1/4 inches for the inside of the card.
- Attach the DSP to the black cardstock using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Wrap a length of Fresh Freesia ribbon around the DSP/cardstock layer and tie in a bow.
- Use multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the DSP/cardstock to the base of the card.. Since the ribbon is so thin, you won’t need to use dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap piece of white cardstock. Then crop using a banner from the Stylish Shapes die set.
- Outline the banner using the brush end of a Fresh Freesia Stamping Write Marker.
- Add dimensionals under the banner and adhere to the front of the card placing it under the bow.
- I had to fussy cut the flower and leaves but it was pretty easy to do so.
- Add dimensionals and adhere the flower and leaves to the lower right-hand corner.
- Adhere the strip of DSP to the white cardstock for the inside of the card.
- I didn’t stamp a sentiment on the inside because the outside sentiment can be used for multiple occasions. When I decide to whom I will be sending this card, I’ll add a sentiment.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Stampin’ Up! has a number of all-inclusive kits available! If you have ever thought that you just couldn’t create cards, these kits are for you! Each kit comes with everything you will need, except for a stamp block in the stamping kits.
Here are just four of the kits available:
Just click on the image to see a larger picture of the kit!
These kits are fabulous because you don’t even need an acrylic block!
My very favorite kit is now available! If you don’t know what to get for your mother for Mother’s Day, or just a gift for yourself, these card organizer kits are FABULOUS!
I have such a hard time shopping for my mom and my aunt for holidays, birthdays, etc. So, for this past Christmas, I got two of these card organizer kits, and put them together. I also included other cards from card kits and some I had created in bulk to split between the two gifts. All total, they received a completed organizer and more than 25 cards for all different occassions. I was so proud to give each one of them this beautiful combination of cards and the love that went into each part of them.
Take a look at just a few of these other non-stamping kits:
Do you live in the United States? Do you want to place an order? Of course you do!
If you are placing an order under $150, please use the host code below.
If you are placing an order over $150, please contact me first so you can take advantage of the Stampin’ Rewards for your order!
HOST CODE for MARCH, 2023 is N46V3KNP.
Again, thank you for stopping by today! Please take another moment and leave a comment.