Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! Can you believe it’s already time for schools to start back up?! The return to school after summer vacation is a really big deal for students, teachers, school workers and the parents who are left home alone. To honor this big event, we have created projects with a back to school theme. We are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here’s what I created for Back to School:
Last month I had to explain my Summer Fun card for July’s IRBH. Now, I need to explain how these cards fit with the Back to School theme for August. I teach high school, and our kids came back to school a week ago today. Our school colors are black and gold, and the mascot is a hornet. I mass produced these 3-1/2 by 5 inch notecards using the Gingham Cottage DSP (designer series paper) found in the current holiday catalog. To create each of the hornets, I used the ladybug builder punch, black cardstock, and two sets of wings punched from vellum cardstock I handed them out to friends at school on the first day.
- The Basic White bases measure 7 inches by 5 inches, scored at 3-1/2 inches to create a tent fold.
- Next, I trimmed Crushed Curry cardstock to 3-1/2 by 5 inches for the front of the card.
- I trimmed the Gingham Cottage DSP to 3-3/8 by 4-7/8 inches.
- I cropped the Painted Label die under the hornet from Crushed Curry cardstock.
- The notecard envelopes didn’t get any special treatment, mainly because I didn’t have enough Gingham Cottage DSP.
- That’s it for the measurements. Simple, sweet, with a perfect sentiment.
- I started by punching ladybug bodies from black cardstock.
- Next, I used a gold Sharpie marker to draw three lines on each body. Then, I went over the gold line with my gold Wink of Stella pen to add shimmer.
- I punched two sets of vellum wings per “hornet” and added a light coating of clear Wink of Stella for some sparkle.
- Then, I used the clear Wink of Stella pen to outline each “hornet” for more sparkle.
- I cut one set of wings in half to be able to glue them separately for the top set of wings. Then, I added the bottom set on top of these. Since I knew I’d cover the center of the wings with matte black dots, I used small dots of multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the vellum.
- Hornets have stingers, so I added tiny triangular stingers cut from black cardstock.
- Finally, I added the googly eyes. Who doesn’t love googly eyes? Since I have more than 1, 100 of them, I get to use them as much as I want.
Back to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Renae Novack at Blessed by Cards. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Jessica Atchison at Stampin with the Atchisons
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping<<— YOU ARE HERE
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Colors and Supplies Used:
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
Look What’s New in the Kits Collection:
- Cozy & Bright Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Acrylic Stamp Block
- Classic Stampin’ Spot: Poppy Parade
- Predesigned projects
- Step-by-step instructions
- Precut pieces (No prep work! Get right to crafting). Including printed die-cut sheets: sticker adhesive sheets & non-adhesive sheets
- Makes 12 cards of 1 design
- Gold foil accents
- Folded card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
- 12 preprinted envelopes
- Enough adhesive to complete projects
- Linen thread
- A 9-7/8″ x 6-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ (25.1 x 16.5 x 7 cm) printed designer box for storage or crafting on the go
- Product colors: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Evening Evergreen, Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie
Sale-a-Bration runs until August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two more weeks! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $50 ORDER:
NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE PRODUCTS WHICH ARE FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $100 ORDER:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.