Welcome to the latest Cardz 4 Galz challenge two-week challenge. Our host for this challenge #181, Dawn, picked baby girl as the theme. As always, when you finish here, I hope you will hop over to the the challenge site to see what the other design team members have created. It’s always inspirational, and I hope you get inspired to play along with us. I’m looking forward to seeing all kinds of baby girl cards because they are so stinking cute!
I used the Happy Forest Suite for my card:
I got this layout from Try Stamping on Tuesday, even though the challenge ended before I could add this card to that gallery. Here’s the banner for that layout:
What I Did:
- The So Saffron base measures 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- Both the DSP patterns come from the Happy Friends 12 x 12 inch DSP. The Calypso Coral DSP (designer series paper) measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. I outlined it using a Crumb Cake marker. I also trimmed a piece of this DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- The tree DSP measures 3-3/8 by 4-1/2 inches. I outlined this piece using a Calypso Coral marker. Then, I punched a 1 inch circle from this DSP for the envelope seal.
- Next came the stamping. After stamping the bear in Crumb Cake, I used an almost dry blending brush to blend color starting at the bottom of the bear. The base of the tree trunk is also stamped in Crumb Cake.
- I stamped the fox in Calypso Coral.
- Then, I stamped the owl in Smoky Slate.
- I used a Calypso Coral marker to add the owl’s beak and the bear’s inner ears.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral.
- All the stamped elements were cropped using dies from the Happy Friends die set. So cute!
- After adding dimensionals underneath the cropped pieces, I adhered them to the DSP.
- Finally, I added a piece of Old Olive ribbon and baker’s twine to the sentiment.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
Look What’s New in the Kits Collection:
- Cozy & Bright Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Acrylic Stamp Block
- Classic Stampin’ Spot: Poppy Parade
- Predesigned projects
- Step-by-step instructions
- Precut pieces (No prep work! Get right to crafting). Including printed die-cut sheets: sticker adhesive sheets & non-adhesive sheets
- Makes 12 cards of 1 design
- Gold foil accents
- Folded card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
- 12 preprinted envelopes
- Enough adhesive to complete projects
- Linen thread
- A 9-7/8″ x 6-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ (25.1 x 16.5 x 7 cm) printed designer box for storage or crafting on the go
- Product colors: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Evening Evergreen, Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.