It’s time for the May Pals’ Fun Fold Blog Hop! I love learning new fun folds, so I’m excited to see what my fellow Pals have created! When you are finished here, please hop along to the other Pals’ sites using the links at the bottom of this post.
I really wanted to use this DSP (designer series paper) from the new Awash in Beauty DSP found in the new annual catalog. Therefore, I decided to go with a simple Z-fold card so I wouldn’t have to cut the DSP too much.
Here’s my fun fold card:
Clean and Simple:
- The Balmy Blue base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches. To create the Z-fold, score the base at 4-1/4 inches and 2-1/8 inches.
- I really didn’t want to cut this gorgeous DSP up. Creating a card to show off the beautiful colors and flowers worked perfectly for this card. The larger piece measures 5-3/8 by 4-1/8 inches. The smaller piece measures 5-2/8 inches by 2-1/8 inches.
- I used white cardstock measuring 5-3//8 by 2-1/8 inches for the inside panel and left it blank. When the time comes to use it, I can stamp a sentiment on the white panel or leave it blank for a handwritten message.
- Since I didn’t want to cover a lot of the floral DSP, so I trimmed a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock to 34 by 8-1/2 inches for the strip that makes the z-fold. Just like the base, I scored this pieces at 4-1/4 inches and 2-1/8 inches. The most important part for this card is this strip of cardstock. The longest part gets attached to the very front panel. Then, the short end gets attached to the back piece of the base.
- Next, I trimmed the DSP for the connecting strip. I needed two pieces measuring 5/8 by 2-1/8 inches. The longer piece measures 5/8 by 4-1/8 inches. I also trimmed a piece of this Polished Pink DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
Stamping and Finishing Up:
- Both sentiments come from the Happy and Heartfelt cling stamp set. I just love the font used for all the sentiments in this stamp set! I used Momento Tuxedo Black ink for both sentiments. After stamping “congratulations”, I trimmed the white cardstock to 1/2 by 2-1/2 inches and added dimensionals to the back of it.
- I stamped the second sentiment directly on the DSP.
- I used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere all the pieces with the exception of the “congratulations” sentiment.
- Finally, I added five self-adhesive butterflies to the DSP. Can you find all five?
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the Pals’ Fun Fold Blog Hop!
I hope you will hop along with us. Please use the following line-up as a guide in case you get lost: Thank you!
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The 2022 – 2023 Catalog is Now Live!!
Here are just a few of my favorite new things:
But wait, there’s more:
Along with the new catalog, there’s a really fabulous joining bonus! As always, your starter kit is just $99 for $125 of your choice of products. The bonus? Over $66 of the new 2022 – 2024 In Color supplies! You get the following at no extra cost to you:
- In Color Ink Pad Collection
- and In Color Grid Paper
- plus In Color Cardstock Collection
- and the 6 x 6 inch In Color Designer Series Paper Assortments
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through May 31, 2022 is E3W722BD.
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments and your time.