Welcome to the two-week Make My Monday challenge! Our host for #198, Billie A, chose Frame It! as the theme. The variations on this theme are demonstrated by the various members of the design team. When you are finished here, I hope you will hop over to the challenge site for some inspiration. We’d love to have you play along and add your creation to our gallery!
Here’s my card:
I created this for a special friend who loves getting my cards and has been having a tough time lately and I hope this will give her a lift in her day.
For this card, I really let this piece of Fancy Flora DSP (designer series paper) do all the work. While each sheet of this DSP is spectacular, this one is my favorite.
- The Evening Evergreen base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches to create a tent fold.
- I cropped the frame from a piece of Evening Evergreen measuring 5-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches.
- The DSP also measures 5-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches.
- I trimmed a 5 by 3/4 inch strip of the DSP for the inside panel of the card.
- As for the vast majority of the inside panels for my cards, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 5-1/4 by 4 inches.
- Then, I trimmed a piece of the Evening Evergreen 6 x 6 inch DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. I punched a 1-inch circle from the Flora DSP for the envelope seal to finish off the measurements.
- Adhere the Flora DSP directly to the card base using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Wrap a length of Soft Succulent open weave ribbon around the bottom of the frame. Attach it to the back of the card using small pieces of tear and tape.
- Add dimensionals to the back of the frame, and adhere to the Flora DSP;
- Tie a double loop bow from twine around the ribbon on the front of the card. Add a glue dot behind the bow to keep it in place on the frame.
- Use an embossing buddy on a piece of cardstock vellum.
- I used the Charming Sentiments stamp set, and stamped the sentiment using Versamark.
- Add gold embossing powder to the sentiment and heat set.
- Then, I cropped the sentiment using the Stylish Shapes die set and trimmed the bottom part of the circle.
- I’ve found one of the easiest ways to adhere vellum is to use a foam brush and add a light layer of liquid glue to the back of the entire piece of vellum cardstock.
- Adhere the vellum to the front of the card, tucking it under the frame.
- Add three gold jewels to the front of the card.
- I also embossed the inside sentiment using gold powder.
- Then, I adhered the strip of DSP to the bottom of the white cardstock.
- Finally, I adhered the white cardstock to the inside base of the card.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
It’s a Color Refresh Time of Year!
There are new and returning colors coming with the new catalog! Sadly, there are also colors that will be retiring. One that makes me sad is Mango Melody, mainly because I’ve recently started really playing with it.
Take a look at this SU! video with the new, returning, and retiring colors:
LAST CHANCE up to 60% OFF ITEMS from the CURRENT and MINI Catalogs
Just take a look at these LAST CHANCE lists! I know they are small, but click on the images to download or enlarge them. I’m always sad to see what’s retiring, but then I think of all I can sell when the current catalog ends so I can get new goodies!
Do you live in the U.S. and want to place an order?
Of course you do! Who can resist items up to 60% off?
I would be honored to help you with your stamping and papercrafting journey. It’s so easy to get started, and I can show you how.
If you are placing an order for more than $150.00, please contact me at email@example.com so you can take advantage of the available Stamping Rewards.
If you are placing less than a $150.00 order, please enter the host code shown below when prompted to do so.