Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is All Creatures Great and Small. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I chose to use the Little Monkey stamp set and Countryside Corners die set. These monkeys are so stinking cute!
Here’s my Little Monkey:
As I am wont to do with my fun fold cards, I will be uploading this to the Creative Creases Challenge.
- The Calypso Coral base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches to create a tent base.
- The easel piece of Calypso Coral cardstock measures 5-3/8 inches by 2 inches scored at 3/8, 1, and 1/38 inches. Use your bone folder to burnish the scores, creating a mountain in the middle. Each end folds up to attach to the inside of the card base. However, don’t attach the easel piece until you are finished with the rest of the card.
- After I embossed a piece of Calypso Coral using the Basics Embossing Folder, I trimmed it to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- Connie Stewart has a video, which you can find here, explaining how to use the Countryside Corner stamp set and a mask to get just the part of the stamp you want. For the front, I used Granny Apple Green cardstock for the stamped octagon and a Calypso Coral one for the back The Calypso Coral octagons were cropped from the largest die, and I used the next largest for the Granny Apple Green.
- I already posted a flap card with the Little Monkey stamp set, which you can see here.
- Crop two pieces of white cardstock using the largest Countryside Corner die for the front and back.
- Trim a piece of coordinating Calypso Coral 6 x 6 inch DSP to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. Punch a 1-inch circle from another DSP pattern and run it through the XYRON create-a-sticker for the envelope seal.
- I used scraps of white for the bananas and monkey, which needs to be fussy cut.
Stamping, Punching, & Fussy Cutting:
- Stamp the monkey in Tuxedo Black ink. Color with the Crumb Cake combo blends. I just kept adding layers of color using the dark Crumb Cake for the darker parts of the monkey.
- Use the pink-ish color blend from the light natural tones blend duo for the ears and cheeks.
- Fussy cut the monkey.
- Stamp five bananas in Early Espresso ink and color with Daffodil Delight Stamping Write Marker so the color doesn’t bleed. Punch with the monkey punch.
- Using Early Espresso ink, stamp the branch surrounding leaves and the sentiment on the cropped white octagon.
- Color the branch using the Pecan Pie blends.
- Color the leaves with the Granny Apple Green blends.
- The only dimensionals I used were to pop up the monkey and the top of the bunch of bananas.
- Use multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the rest of the layers on the front.
- I haven’t decided what the back sentiment will be yet. Therefore, after adhering the white cardstock and the Calypso Coral octagon, I temporarily adhered it to the back of the card using some repositionable tape.
- Adhere the flaps on ends of the two sides of the card so the mountain fold is in the middle.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the Pals’ Blog Hop:
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop next month (second Wednesday), when our theme will be The Color Purple.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <<—YOU ARE HERE!
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
The September – December Mini Catalog is LIVE!
You can download the following catalog, or find the link on the Stampin’ UP! website. Not surprisingly, some items have already gone on backorder. Now is the time to order your Halloween and most of your Autumn supplies.
There’s also going to be a release of ONLINE EXCLUSIVE DSP! I’m especially thrilled with the Tartan and Delightfully Floral DSP! You can see previews below: