Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! This month’s hop projects center around a SUNSHINE theme, so I hope you are ready for some sunshine fun! We are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I combined the Rays of Light stamp and the Hey Chuck bundle and used the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge # 537 for my card.
Here’s my card:
Here’s the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge banner:
I know the sketch uses different DSP (designer series paper) patterns, but I looked at it and saw my card.
Basic Measurements and Such:
- The Crushed Curry base measures 5-12 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The black mat dimensions started measuring 4=1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. After I finished adhering the blocks, I trimmed the mat to get it as even as possible.
- The white cardstock for the front started at 5-1/2 by 4-1/4.
- Trim another piece of white cardstock to 4 by 5-1/4 inches for the inside of the card.
- I used white scraps for the sentiment and chicken on the front.
Stamping, Coloring, and Other Fun Stuff
- Stamp the Rays of Light background stamp in Crushed Curry.
- HINT: The easiest way to stamp a background stamp (for me at least) is to lay the stamp face up on your work space and stamp the ink on the stamp.
- Carefully place your white cardstock on the stamped image.
- Very carefully, rub the whole piece of cardstock to transfer the ink onto the cardstock.
- I am making 6 more of these cards, and I used this process for all of the fronts I needed. Worked like a charm.
- Stamp the Rays of Light on the envelope flap. Punch a 1-inch circle of coordinating DSP for the envelope seal.
- I added a 1/2 inch by 4 inch piece of the Rays of Light stamped image to the bottom on the inside. This came from a piece I’d trimmed and didn’t need.
- Stamp the chick on the inside panel as well so it looks like she is standing on the strip of sun rays.
- I colored the chickens using the Daffodil Delight blends combo and the Pecan Pie Stamping Write Marker.
- Using a new Wink of Stella pen, I dropped one drop of the ink onto my grid paper.
- Then, I used an empty Wink of Stella pen to pick up the ink and color it on the Daffodil Delight parts of the chicken. Using an empty pen to “paint” the clear Wink of Stella has kept me from getting blobs on my coloring.
- Crop the chicken using the Hey Chuck dies and the sentiment using the Stylish Shapes dies.
- Outline the sentiment banner using a black Stamping Write Marker.
- Add dimensionals to the sentiment and the chicken to adhere.
- I adhered all the rest of the card pieces using multipurpose liquid glue.
Creating the Blocks:
I knew what I wanted to achieve, and just winged it with the dimensions. You don’t have to do that in order to recreate this card, no matter what paper patterns you use.
- If you are using different DSP patterns, you need the following pieces:
- 2 of 2-1/2 by 2-5/8 inches
- 1 of 3-3/4 by 3/4 inches
- 1 of 3 x 1 inch
- 1 of 2-1/4 by 1-3/8 inches
- 1 of 1 by 1-3/8 inches
- 1 of 1/2 by 4 inches (bottom of inside)
- If you are using all one pattern, I have some pictures for you. The pieces will be the same sizes, just cut differently for the one pattern.
My Sweet Sorbet cardstock cut into the above sizes.
The stamped Rays of Light in Crushed Curry.
AdTech removable tape is my favorite and can be purchased at Amazon. I can’t create cards without it, especially for dry-fitting card pieces together.
Use the removable tape to temporarily attach the Sweet Sorbet pieces over the stamped Rays of Light.
Next, I very, very carefully trimmed the cardstock along the pretrimmed lines in the Sweet Sorbet.
Next, I used a piece of black cardstock measuring 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inches to adhere the Rays of Light stamp pieces back together. Here’s picture of this step in progress.
Once I had all my pieces adhered, I was able to trim the black cardstock down for the front of the card.
One step at a time, and you can do this as well.
Back to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping <<— YOU ARE HERE
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
Time to sign up for the September Paper Pumpkin all-inclusive kit! If the beautiful box is any indication, this kit is simply gorgeous!
INSPIRED BY SHELLI AND ALL THINGS AUTUMN!
The With Love & Gratitude Paper Pumpkin Kit offers the perfect way to give thanks to the special people in your life. The kit design is an elegant representation of the blessings of autumn and the gratitude that comes along with the season. The combination of graceful pumpkin designs and elegant colors, plus specialty gold foil embellishments make this kit a stand-out offering with Shelli written all over it! Subscribe by 10 September to get your kit full of iconic autumn images, love, and gratitude!
CUSTOM, MATCHING BOX!
What’s better than a box full of crafts you can use to express your love and gratitude? How about the kit packaged in a custom, matching box that’s just as beautiful? The With Love & Gratitude comes with a custom box you can use to store all kinds of things: your finished treat packages and cards, crafting supplies, or you can fill it individual notes with all the reasons you have to be grateful—write each one down and fill up the box, then pull out a note of inspiration whenever you it!
ADD-ON JOURNAL WITH GOLD-FOIL STICKERS
Why save gratitude for special days when you can savor it every day by writing it down in an inspiring journal? The Thoughts of Thanks Journal is an add-on option featuring the same colors and elegant designs as the With Love & Gratitude Paper Pumpkin Kit. It also comes with two specialty gold foil sticker sheets to accent the journal pages and help remind us of all the reasons to be grateful. If you’re excited about this beautiful add-on journal, don’t wait to get yours! It’s only available while supplies last.
ABOUT THE KIT
Kit Name: With Love & Gratitude
This kit includes:
- 8 treat packages
- 8 note cards
- 8 coordinating envelopes
- 1 photopolymer stamp set
- 1 Lost Lagoon Ink Spot
- Specialty gold foil, precut embellishments
- Finished treat packaging: 3-1/2″ x 5″ x 2″ (8.9 x 12.7 x 5.1 cm)
- Final card size: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (8.9 x 8.9 cm)
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Copper Clay, Crumb Cake, gold foil, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Pebbled Path
Subscribe to the August Paper Pumpkin Kit between 11 August and 10 September by clicking here!
Note: Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.
Thoughts of Thanks Journal
Available starting: 11 August, while supplies last
Price: $15.00 USD | $21.00 CAD
Item number: 163270
This add-on includes:
- 8″ x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm) journal
- 2 specialty gold foil sticker sheets
- Gold-clip page marker
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Copper Clay, Crumb Cake, gold foil, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Pebbled Path.