Welcome to a new Make My Monday biweekly challenge! The host for challenge #202, JoAnn B, chose a summer theme. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see all the other summer fun challenges from the rest of the design team.
Here’s my non-traditional summer fun card:
I used the layout from the Splitcoast Stampers challenge #959.
Here’s the layout from the SC959 challenge:
Measurements and Assembly:
- Trim a piece of Night of Navy cardstock to 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches, and score at 4-1/4 inches to form a tent fold.
- I used the By the Bay 6 x 6 inch DSP (designer series paper) for all of the patterned paper..
- Trim DSP pattern #1 to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- Trim DSP pattern #2 to 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- Punch DSP pattern #3 using a 2-1/2 inch circle punch.
- I used a circle compass for the large circle in DSP pattern #4 using a 3-1/4 inch radius. I’ve had my circle compass for more than 25 years (scary thought, I know!) but you can still get this fabulous tool using this link on Amazon. For some strange and unknown reason, I can’t get the picture of this compass to paste at all.
- For pattern #5, I used a piece of natural ribbon, for which I adhered the ends on the back of DSP #2 using tear-n-tape.
- Stamp the sentiment onto DSP pattern #1 using Night of Navy ink. I actually stamped it on the piece of DSP I used for pattern #1 and then punched it using a label punch.
- Punch a small hole in the sentiment label, add some linen thread and tie around the natural ribbon.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4 by 5-1/4 inches for the inside.
- Stamp the greeting using Night of Navy ink.
- Trim a piece of DSP to 1/2 by 5-1/4 inches and adhere to the bottom of the white cardstock.
- Adhere using multipurpose glue.
- Trim a piece of coordinating DSP to 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches for the envelope flap.
- Punch a 1 inch circle of DSP for the envelope seal.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you very much for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy day!
JUNE is a Wonderful Month in the Stampin’ Up! World!
Select DSP is on sale this month! It’s your chance to stock up!
There’s also a JOIN PROMOTION available in June!
- When new team members purchase their Starter Kit, they will be able to redeem $155 USD of Starter Kit eligible products for just $99 USD! No commitment required beyond the starter kit!
If you don’t already have a SU! demo, or if you are interested in joining under the starter kit promotion, I’d be honored to work with you.
The HOST CODE for June is VAMCFNHD!
If you are ordering under $150, please enter the above host code when prompted.
If you are ordering over $150, please contact me first so you can use the Stampin’ Rewards earned from your order.