I ordered the Blossoms in Bloom bundle a few months ago and hadn’t used it. Therefore, I decided I’d use the bundle and create a card for each of the 2021 – 2023 In Colors. The layout is the same for all of the cards, and each includes the ribbon and jewels. I also used the markers to outline the sentiment banner and clear Wink of Stella on one of the layers of blooms.
Here are my cards:
- Each base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The Polished Pink, Fresh Freesia, and Pale Papaya cards have background layers which I dry embossed using the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. After I embossed the cardstock, I trimmed each of the pieces to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- The Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent cards are on Very Vanilla backgrounds trimmed to the same measurements.
- Next, I trimmed each of the five In Color cardstock sheets to 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches (half sheet). Then I was able to crop both layers of the blooms in one pass.
- Wink of Stella doesn’t photograph well, but there’s some on all five cards. The Polished Pink and Soft Succulent bottom part of the blooms have Wink of Stella on them. The other three have it on the top, outlines of the blooms.
- Here’s a close-up look at the Wink of Stella on the Polished Pink and Evening Evergreen cards:
Putting the Cards Together:
- Experience tells me that it’s much easier for me to mass produce cards if I have all the different pieces finished first. Then I just need to put them together assembly line fashion.
- The blooms for each of the cards is popped up on mini-dimensionals, and there are quite a bunch of them underneath each of the bottom blooms. In addition, I had to cut some of the mini-dimensionals down to half size to get them to fit where I needed them.
- After I attached the blooms to the card background, I tied a length of ribbon around each. Happily, I only experience bow challenges on one card, so I just tied a simple square knot.
- I stamped the sentiment for all five cards using the Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad. This perfectly appropriate sentiment can be found in the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set.
- I used the stitched rectangle die to crop each sentiment. Then, I outlined each with the coordinating marker. Next, I put two dimensionals under each sentiment and attached them to the blooms.
- Finally, I added an In Color Jewel to the bottom right corner of each sentiment panel.
- That’s it. The five cards form a very nice gift set, at least in my humble opinion.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
The 2021 – 2022 Catalog is Live!
My new catalog order arrives Wednesday! I plan to do an unboxing video and hope to post that later in the week.
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
What could be better than placing an order?
$25 additional Stampin’ Rewards for qualifying orders!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.