Welcome to the newest two-week Cardz 4 Galz challenge. For challenge #193, our host, Pamela, picked Red with Pink for a color challenge. When you finish here, I hope you will visit our challenge website to see what the rest of the design team created. It’s always so interesting to see how each person put their individual mark on the challenge.
Here’s my red and pink card, which pretty much evolved as I went along:
I used retired DSP (designer series paper), two of the Scalloped Contour dies, vellum cardstock, and the Framed Florets and Art Gallery stamp sets. The bronze butterflies were completely a last minute addition.
What I Did:
- The Poppy Parade base measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches.
- I cropped the Petal Pink cardstock using the largest Scalloped Contours die.
- Next, I trimmed the DSP to fit inside the frame of the scallops. It measures 3-3/8 by 4-3/4 inches. I also trimmed a piece of DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap and punched a one inch circle to use to create the envelope seal.
- Then, I cropped the top layer of vellum cardstock using a smaller die from Scalloped Contours.
- I stamped the flower using the stamps in the Art Gallery set using Poppy Parade ink. To get the variations in the color, I stamped off once for the base part of the flower.
- Then I stamped the leaves and stem using Soft Suede.
- Next, I stamped the sentiment using one from the Framed Florets stamp set in Momento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Then, I cropped the sentiment using a rectangle die. I used the coordinating dies for the flower and stem. Both pieces had dimensionals added
- After trimming Petal Pink and Poppy Parade matting layers, I added dimensionals to the underside of the sentiment.
- I adhered the Petal Pink scalloped layer and the DSP layers to the base of the card using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Next, I added the flower pieces and sentiment panel to the vellum. Once they were in place, I could add liquid glue to the back of the vellum so the pieces would hide the adhesive.
- I tied a triple bow using linen thread and attached it using mini glue dots.
- I added a piece of white cardstock measuring 5-1/4 by 4 inches using liquid glue.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
Have a Peachy Day!
Ten Years of Paper Pumpkin = a FREE GIFT in the March Kit!
Gorgeous, right? Even the box is gorgeous, and getting a FREE gift is always a good thing! Just click on the link above to sign up for your March Paper Pumpkin Kit!
In addition, check out these ONLINE EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS:
Remember, Sale-a-Bration runs through February 28, 2023! Get in your order now to take advantage of the FREE products you can earn with a qualifying purchase.
HOST CODE: Y6CTXD3
Again, thank you for stopping by today!