I used Frenchie Martin’s million sales achiever’s stamp set, After the Storm. The colors are Misty Moonlight, Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, and Bumblebee.
- The Misty Moonlight base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- I used Bumblebee for the middle mat. It measures 5-3/8 inches by 8-3/8 inches.
- Believe it or not, the top layer started out as a piece of white cardstock. It measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches. While I had the white out, I trimmed a same sized piece for the inside of the card.
- I used scraps to crop out the Misty Moonlight, Smoky Slate, and white circles for the front sentiment.
What I Did:
- I started with a blending brush and Basic Grey for the bottom quarter of the card. My goal was to have a dark bottom part of the sky. As I got higher, I started to use less Basic Grey so I could blend the colors together.
- Next, I used the same blending brush with the Smoky Slate ink pad to lightly color the rest of the sky grey.. Then I used a blending brush with Misty Moonlight. For this layer, I colored over the grey unevenly to add different depths of blue to the sky.
- Next, I stamped the clouds, again using Smoky Slate. I double stamped each of them to add texture.
- Then, I used Bumblebee to stamp the rays of sunshine. I only had one shot at it because I didn’t use the Stamparatus. I’m pleased with the result of the varying depth of color and lengths of the rays. The result is a depiction of one of my favorite Florida skies.
- The sentiment also comes from the After the Storm stamp set. I stamped it in Misty Moonlight then cropped the circle using the (very sadly retired) Stitched Shapes dies.
- The Misty Moonlight circle is attached to the front of the card using multipurpose liquid glue, as is the sentiment on the grey circle. I used dimensionals under the grey circle to pop up the sentiment.
- As an afterthought, I stamped the three seagulls from Sailing Home in tuxedo black on the bottom left corner.
- Finally, I stamped “You have been on my mind” from After the Storm in Misty Moonlight on the inside panel of the card. I also added the three birds by the sentiment.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this card.
Have a Peachy day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE!
What’s better than getting a delivery from Stampin’ Up!? Getting a delivery with FREE products inside the box! I have a box en route right now and am hoping it’s here this afternoon when I get home from work! Check out the FREE items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog!
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $50 purchase:
Sale-a-Bration FREE items with a $100 purchase:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.