Welcome to the Make My Monday challenge #155. Mary V. chose a n Anything But a Card theme for the challenge starting today, August 16, 2021. I hope you will pop over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team created as well. We all look forward to seeing what you create in our gallery!
My great-niece just had her 5th mermaid themed birthday party. I made 16 mermaid thank you tags and a matching birthday card.
Here’s one of my tags:
Here’s the coordinating card:
Both of these projects were inspired by fellow Pal, Tricia Chuba Neild.
What I Did:
- Sadly, I gave the tags to my niece before I measured anything or even took pictures. I can tell you that the size of the Balmy Blue tag was based on the height of the second largest Stitched with Whimsy die. I adjusted the width so that I would have more of a tag size.
- The mermaid tail started out with a piece of white cardstock. I used one of the Adorning Designs Decorative Masks and a blending brush. First, I used the blending brush and Magenta Madness ink with the mask. Then, I used the blending brush to lightly swirl Magenta Madness over the whole area. This process took the longest and I used 3 pieces of white cardstock for the 16 tails. I did have a hand-drawn template for the tail, and then I needed to do quite a bit of fussy cutting.
- The Highland Heather “shell” comes from the In Symmetry stamp set. Thankfully there’s a die in the In Symmetry bundle for this “shell” so I didn’t have to fussy cut them.
- The seaweed in the background of the tag is from a Smooth Sailing die in Soft Seafoam and Granny Apple Green.
- After adhering all the layers down with multipurpose glue, I used the Label Me Fancy punch to punch out the space for the Gorgeous Grape ribbon.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment, again from In Symmetry, in Gorgeous Grape on white cardstock. Then, I just used one of the (retired) Stitched Shapes oval dies. The only dimensionals used on the tags are under the sentiment.
- HINT: When mass-producing projects, it is much easier to create one element at a time. When you have individual piles of elements, assembly takes much less time.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this card.
Have a Peachy day!
Basic Crafting Supplies
The Mini-Catalog AND Sale-a-Bration are LIVE!
One of my favorite bundles and coordinating Sale-a-Bration DSP:
PENGUIN PLACE BUNDLE (ENGLISH)
PENGUIN PLAYMATES 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.