Welcome to the March edition of the monthly Sparkles Christmas Buddies challenge. Our host for #146, Debs, chose warm winter clothes for the theme. This challenge stays live until March 31, 2023, so you have plenty of time to add your projects to our gallery. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see what the other design team members created because the projects are as fabulous as they are varied!
My card for this month (which might be published late because I didn’t get it on the DT site early enough) uses something old, something new, and something blue. Here’s my card:
Something old – the Santa’s Suit stamp set and coordinating dies. When this bundle retired, I sold both the stamp set and the dies. Then I saw some really adorable cards on Pinterest and needed to get another set, so I did! I’ve already posted other cards with this set, which you can see here and here.
I used the sketch from the current Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #514 for the inspiration for my layout. The sketch fit perfectly with my rough idea.
Here’s the challenge banner and link to the site:
- The Balmy Blue cardstock base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- I trimmed two pieces of the Balmy Blue 12 by 12 inch textured shimmer paper to two pieces of 5-3/8 by 4-1/8
- Using the layered diorama dies, crop the center of one piece of the textured shimmer paper for the top layer of the card.
- Trim a piece of the Balmy Blue 6 by 6 inch DSP (designer series paper) to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. At this point, I punched a 1 inch circle of the textured shimmer paper for the envelope seal.
- Trim two 1 inch by 6 inch strips of the white textured shimmer paper. I cropped each using the cloud shaped die from the basic borders set.
- I also cropped two strips of the cloud die for the inside of the card.. Then, I used a dry blending brush which I had used with blue ink to very lightly shade the stitched part of the clouds.
- I already had 4 clouds cropped from the waves dies from the Waves of Inspiration Bundle.
- That’s it for the measurements.
- I stamped the pieces of Santa and his suit on scraps of white cardstock using the Tuxedo Black ink pad.
- Next, I stamped the insides using Real Red ink.
- I covered the white parts of Santa’s hat, boots, and jacket using the white pearlized enamel effects. Make sure you let this dry completely before you touch it.
- After using the embossing buddy on a Balmy Blue cardstock scrap, I stamped the greeting using VersaMark. Then, I covered it in white embossing powder and heat set it.
- Using a circle die from the Stylish Shapes die set, crop the sentiment.
- Then, using a white gel pen, highlight the stitching on the circle.
- To add shimmer to the edge of the sentiment circle, I used the clear Wink of Stella pen.
- HINT: Through trial and error, I’ve found it’s easier to squeeze out a couple of drops of the Wink of Stella on a piece of scrap paper. Then, spread out the clear glitter ink so you can roll the circle through the ink. This will result in a cleaner edge than trying to use the pen directly on the edge.
- Lightly splatter some Wink of Stella on the sentiment circle.
- Punch a small hole at the top of the sentiment circle. Thread Real Red ribbon through the hole and tie a square knot.
- Stamp the inside sentiment using the Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad.
- Adhere one piece of the Balmy Blue textured shimmer paper to the card base using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Add dimensionals and some foam adhesive strips to the cropped top layer as shown below:
- This photo also shows the placement of dimensionals on the sentiment circle.
- Adhere one piece of the cloud textured shimmer paper to the blue textured paper using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Remove the cover on the bottom strip and dimensionals. Stagger the second cloud strip and adhere to the adhesive strips.
- Add multipurpose glue to the cloud strip attached to the dimensionals. Remove the rest of the dimensional and foam adhesive strip covers. Line up the top layer with the bottom layer of the textured shimmer paper.
- Use a combination of dimensionals and/or multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the Santa’s Suit pieces, the clouds, and the sentiment circle.
- Stagger the two white cloud strips on the bottom of the inside cardstock panel. Adhere using multipurpose liquid glue and trim the excess.
- Adhere the white cardstock to the inside base of the card.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
Have a Peachy Day!
Online Exclusives Start on March 1st! That’s TODAY! I’ll update my post ASAP with the exclusive products. In the meantime, take a look at this flyer and the gorgeous suite!
March 1, 2023 starts a new online exclusive promotion. The flyer below is a preview of just some of the wonderful products available. There are two returning colors in the set of DSP paper, including Pretty Peacock which has been one of my favorites.
Do you live in the United States? Do you want to place an order? Of course you do!
If you are placing an order under $150, please use the host code below.
If you are placing an order over $150, please contact me first so you can take advantage of the Stampin’ Rewards for your order!