Welcome to the February Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Our host this month, Helen, chose using non-traditional Christmas colors. I’m all about non-traditional colors for Christmas cards, so I especially enjoyed this month’s theme. When you finish here, I hope you check out the creations from the rest of the design team on the challenge site. Don’t forget to add your creation to the gallery!
I created two cards for this challenge. Here they are:
I used the Fitting Florets DSP (designer series paper) for both cards. The first one uses Night of Navy, Balmy Blue and Polished Pink. I used coordinating DSP for each envelope flap. These pieces measure 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches. I also punched coordinating 1 inch circles for the envelope seals.
- The card base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The Polished Pink DSP mat measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- Then, I used the Fitting Florets dies and stamp set, along with Polished Pink ribbon to finishe off the card.
The second card I created is a z-fold card. I’m not sure that the colors are really non-traditional, which is why I used Polished Pink for the first card. This z-fold uses Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, and Evening Evergreen.
- The base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches. It’s scored at 2-1/8 and 4-1/4 inches to create the z-fold.
- The DSP pieces measure 2 by 5-3/8 inches for the floral pieces. The checked piece measures 5-3/8 inches by 4-1/8 inches.
- I stamped the two floral swags in Momento Tuxedo Black ink so I could color it with blends.I The Balmy Blue blends combo was used on the flowers. I used Night of Navy dark blend for the splashes in the swag. Then, I finished with Evening Evergreen blends combo for the leaves.
- Since the oval outline and the floral swags would be seen on both sides I needed to make sure the back was acceptable. Therefore, I cropped an. additional oval outline and two of the floral swags on white cardstock. That way, I could use the blank swags on the back.
- Even though there are more pieces on the z-fold card, it was relaxing to do the coloring and put it together.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
Have a Peachy Day!
Sale-a-Bration is now live until February 28, 2023!
Here are some SU! videos regarding the FREE items you can earn! Let’s start with the DSP available:
I have to tell you, the first SAB item I earned was the owls stamp set. So, so, so stinking cute!!! They are so easy to fussy cut as well.
As always, the joining benefits for joining during Sale-a-Bration are spectacular! As always, there’s no commitment, so taking advantage of this promotion doesn’t mean a long-term commitment. If you live in the U.S., and are interested in joining, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s the joining promotion information:
If you live in the U.S. and do not already have a demonstrator, I would love the opportunity to serve you.
If you want to place an order, please do so using the host code Y6CTX7D3 when prompted. Any order for $50 can not only earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item, but also a product from me!
If you want to place an order of over $150, (think of the FREE Sale-a-Bration items!) please contact me before placing your order so you can also qualify for STAMPING REWARDS, giving you even more FREE ITEMS!
HOST CODE = Y6CTX7D3
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog. Please take another minute to add a comment. I love reading and responding to your thoughts.