Welcome to the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge # 314. Our host, Helen, chose the theme of pets for this two week challenge. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge site to see the cards from the rest of the design team. We hope you will be inspired to play along!
I decided to use the Sweet Songbirds stamp set and punch bundle for my card in Balmy Blue, black, and white. I added a touch of Crushed Curry for the beak and Pear Pizazz for the leaves.
Here’s my card:
As you can see, my card would be better suited for a child, but blue and black make it a boys’ card, right?
- The Balmy Blue base measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent card.
- I used a black mat, which measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- Next, the Balmy Blue DSP (designer series paper) pattern paper measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches. I also trimmed a piece to 6 by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- I cropped the next black layer using one of the Deckled Rectangle dies.
- Finally, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 3-1/4 by 4-1/2 inches. At the same time, I trimmed another piece to 4 by 5-1/4 inches for the inside panel of the card.
Stamping and Assembly:
- After stamping the bird in Balmy Blue on white cardstock, I punched it out using the coordinating bird builder punch. I also punched the wing and the chest area using the Balmy Blue DSP.
- I colored the beak with my Crushed Curry marker.
- Then I added dimensionals under the bird.
- I adhered all the other pieces using multipurpose liquid glue.
- Then, I stamped the branch, nest, and music notes in black ink directly on the card.
- I used Pear Pizazz for the leaves.
- I stamped the sentiments on the outside and inside using black ink.
- Finally, I decided to add some black matte dots to the music notes and the three corners.
- Ta-da! With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.