https://secretstamper.com/2023/01/anything-goes-with-a-fun-fold-for-creative-creases-49/Welcome to the January SU! Demonstrators Fun Fold Blog Hop! I love creating fun folds and watching videos to create a new-to-me fun fold. Each participating demo’s website is listed at the end of my post. We all hope you will hop along from one demo to the next to see what each of us created. I know I’m excited to see everyone’s project!
I took the idea for my card this month from Debbie Mageed, our blog hop coordinator. She also coordinated the Creative Creases Challenge, into which I will be entering this card! One of the things I love about the Creative Creases Challenge is that it’s always anything goes with a fun fold.
Here’s my fun fold card”
If you saw my first post this morning, which you can see here, I used the Sweet Songbirds bundle for both cards. In this card, I used the Sale-a-Bration DSP (designer series paper) Dainty Flowers, which you can earn free with a $50 qualifying purchase. This DSP is stunningly gorgeous! I’ve already created cards with this DSP, which you can see here and here.
- I trimmed a piece of 12 x 12 inch Old Olive cardstock to 4-1/4 by 12 inches.
- Score the cardstock at 5-1/2, 6, and 6-1/2 inches to create the fold.
- I also trimmed a piece of Old Olive to 4-1/4 by 1 inch, then scored that piece of cardstock at 1/2 inch.
- I trimmed the first layer of black cardstock to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches. Then, I cropped the deckled rectangle piece from the inside of the mat layer.
- The DSP layer measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- The DSP for the envelope measures 6 by 2-1/2 inches. I punched a 1 inch circle from coordinating DSP for the envelope seal.
- The top white cardstock is trimmed to 4-1/8 by 3-1/8 inches.
- I also trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4 by 5-/4 inches for the sentiment on the back of the card.
Stamping and Assembly:
- The only element I did not stamp directly on the white cardstock for the front is the bird. I stamped him using Starry Sky ink on a piece of white scrap of cardstock.
- I stamped the eyes in black, and colored his beak using my Crushed Curry marker.
- Then, I punched out the bird. Using a scrap piece of the same DSP as the front, I punched out the wing and chest part of the bird.
- After adhering the wing and chest pieces using multipurpose liquid glue, I added dimensionals to the underside of the bird.
- Next, I stamped the branches on the front and back, the nest, and the music notes using black ink.
- I added Old Olive leaves to each branch.
- Next, I assembled the front pieces of the card together.
- On to the super simple fun fold –
- Create a mountain fold on the center of the cardstock at the scored lines. Burnish with a bone folder.
- Add each side of the scored 1 inch by 4-1/4 inches cardstock to the front and back of the open top part of the card. This will create the triangle you need for the card to stand upright.
- Finally, I attached the front and back cardstock/DSP layers using multipurpose adhesive.
- Lastly, I added three black matte enamel dots in the three corners as shown.
- Ta-da! With that, I’d finished this fun fold coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Back to the SU! Demo Blog Hop!
There’s so much inspiration to be found in the rest of the projects by the participating demos. I hope you will join us on our hop! If you get lost along the way, please use the following line-up as a reference:
- Beth McCullough
- Debbie Mageed
- Jackie Beers
- Karen Finkle
- Lisa Ann Bernard
- Melissa Seplowitz
- Rae Burnet
- Sue Jackson <<—–YOU ARE HERE!
Please remember to add your fun fold creation to the Creative Creases Challenge.
Thank you for stopping by my blog this morning. I’d be honored if you took another minute to comment on my card.
Have a Peachy day!
Sale-a-Bration is now live until February 28, 2023!
Here are some SU! videos regarding the FREE items you can earn! I have to tell you, the first SAB item I earned was the owls stamp set. So, so, so stinking cute!!! They are so easy to fussy cut as well.
As always, the joining benefits for joining during Sale-a-Bration are spectacular! As always, there’s no commitment, so taking advantage of this promotion doesn’t mean a long-term commitment. If you live in the U.S., and are interested in joining, please contact me at email@example.com
Here’s the joining promotion video:
If you live in the U.S. and do not already have a demonstrator, I would love the opportunity to serve you.
If you want to place an order, please do so using the host code Y6CTX7D3 when prompted. Any order for $50 can not only earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item, but also a product from me!
If you want to place an order of over $150, (think of the FREE Sale-a-Bration items!) please contact me before placing your order so you can also qualify for STAMPING REWARDS, giving you even more FREE ITEMS!
HOST CODE = Y6CTX7D3
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog. Please take another minute to add a comment. I love reading and responding to your thoughts.