Welcome to Make My Monday card challenge # 182! Our host, Dawn, chose a back 2 school theme for this time around. When you are finished here, I hope you will visit the challenge website and see what the rest of the design team members created. I can’t wait to see your interpretation of our challenge, especially since mine needs some explaining!
Here’s my card:
Here’s my explanation on why this card goes with back 2 school:
Two years ago, during the summer of COVID, my daughter moved to Northern California in wine country to teach there. About a month ago, she moved from gorgeous wine country to San Francisco to start a new teaching position there. She’s always loved that city, and is thrilled with this new adventure. I created this card for her to celebrate her start of a new school year in a new city. So, you see, this card is for her own back 2 school.
Easy Peasy Card:
- It took me longer to decide which colors to use than it did to create this clean-and-simple card. I simply let the DSP (designer series paper) do all the work. I didn’t even add any bling because I wanted the card to be all about the DSP.
- The Merry Merlot base measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent card.
- I used this stunning piece of DSP, which I trimmed down to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- Next, I trimmed a coordinating piece of the DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. Then, I punched a 1-inch circle of DSP for the envelope seal, which I ran through my XYRON create-a-sticker.
- I trimmed the white cardstock for the inside of the card to 5-1/4 by 4 inches and used a scrap piece for the sentiment banner.
- Both sentiments come from the Color and Contour photopolymer stamp set, as does the floral spray I used for the inside and the front of the envelope. I stamped the sentiments and outlines for the floral sprays using Merry Merlot ink. Then, I stamped the flowers using Polished Pink ink.
- After cropping the front sentiment using the smallest deckled rectangle die, I added mini-dimensionals on the underside of it. I wanted to have the sentiment rectangle stand out from the white parts of the background. Therefore, I outlined it using my Granny Apple Green Stamping Write Marker.
- I wrapped a length of Polished Pink open-weave ribbon around the DSP and tie it in a bow.
- Then, I adhered the sentiment over the ribbon.
- Finally, I adhered the front and inside panels of the card using multipurpose liquid adhesive.
- With that, I’d finished this quick and easy, clean and simple coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
Look What’s New in the Kits Collection:
- Cozy & Bright Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Acrylic Stamp Block
- Classic Stampin’ Spot: Poppy Parade
- Predesigned projects
- Step-by-step instructions
- Precut pieces (No prep work! Get right to crafting). Including printed die-cut sheets: sticker adhesive sheets & non-adhesive sheets
- Makes 12 cards of 1 design
- Gold foil accents
- Folded card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
- 12 preprinted envelopes
- Enough adhesive to complete projects
- Linen thread
- A 9-7/8″ x 6-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ (25.1 x 16.5 x 7 cm) printed designer box for storage or crafting on the go
- Product colors: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Evening Evergreen, Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie
Sale-a-Bration runs until August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for just a couple of days! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $50 ORDER:
NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE PRODUCTS WHICH ARE FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $100 ORDER:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through August 31, 2022 is W4Q23RT4.