Welcome to the latest Cardz 4 Galz two-week challenge. Our host for # 180, Helen, chose the theme of using checks somewhere on a project. As always, the finished cards created by the whole design team are varied and awesome. I hope you are inspired to play along with us. When you are finished here, I hope you check out the challenge website and then join in the challenge.
Here’s my checked card:
While it is a bit early for Halloween, my it’s my daughter’s favorite holiday and she doesn’t think it’s ever too early to start decorating. Since this card came together relatively quickly, I’d call it an easy-peasy card.
- The black base measures 8-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- I used a Pumpkin Pie mat and trimmed it to 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
- The Gingham DSP (designer series paper) on the front of the card measures 4 by 5-1/4 inches. I also trimmed a piece of this DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap. This fabulous 12 by 12 inch pack can be found on page 59 of the current mini-catalog. Take a look at all the fun colors in this paper:
- Since I used the Old Olive blends on the pumpkin leaves, I wanted to incorporate it on the card. Therefore, I used a (retired) piece of the Regals Old Olive 6 x 6 inch DSP and cropped a circle using the largest Stylish Shapes circle die. I also punched a 1-inch circle of Old Olive DSP for the envelope seal.
- Then I cropped black cardstock swirl directly behind the pumpkins using one of the Painted Labels dies.
Stamping, Coloring, Finishing Up:
- I stamped the pumpkins (from the Pretty Pumpkins stamp ) the sentiment ( from the Cutest Halloween stamp set) using Momento Tuxedo Black ink. The cute faces on the pumpkins come from the Cutest Halloween stamp set. Word of warning with these tiny photopolymer stamps – it’s really easy to lose them. Believe me, I may or may not have misplaced two of these little, tiny cuties. Just saying.
- I used the Old Olive, Crumb Cake, and Pumpkin Pie blends combos to color in the pumpkins. Then, I fussy cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals.
- Next, I cropped the sentiment banner using one of the banner dies from the Stylish Shapes die set. Here’s a couple of pictures showing how I made the tag half size:
- The little piece of tape is Post-it tape, which you can find on A,mazon. It’s tremendously helpful! I also added dimensionals to the back of the sentiment banner.
- I wrapped a length of the black and white checked ribbon around the DSP on the front of the card and tied it in a bow.
- Then, I added the cropped circle and swirl using multipurpose liquid glue under the ribbon.
- Next, I adhered the pumpkins and the sentiment banner.
- Finally, I stamped a sentiment on the inside panel and adhered it to the inside of the card.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $50 ORDER:
NEW ITEMS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE PRODUCTS WHICH ARE FREE WITH A QUALIFYING $100 ORDER:
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023.
Click on the following image to open the catalog:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through August 31, 2022 is W4Q23RT4.