Welcome to the latest Cardz 4 Guyz challenge! Billie A. chose the theme of recycling something for this challenge. In addition, today is the day of the monthly Pals’ Fun Fold Blog Hop! As you know, I love fun folds! For this card, I took my inspiration, and template, from Jackie Beer’s card for the June Fun Fold Blog Hop! I enjoyed her card and directions, so I recreated it with my recycled background for the front flap and one of the much loved gnomes.
Here’s my card:
Here’s the link to Jackie Beer’s card and template on her Blue Line Stamping blog:
Here’s my templates, copied from Jackie’s post:
The white cardstock on the inside measures 4-1/8 by 5-3/8 inches.
I trimmed a piece of the Sale-a-Bration DSP (designer series paper), which can be earned for FREE with a $50 purchase, This DSP pattern of trees comes from the Rings of Love DSP, coordinates with the Rings of Nature bundle in the current mini-catalog for July – December. This DSP is gorgeous! Honestly, I didn’t originally think I’d get it. However, after seeing cards with these beautiful patterns, I completely changed my mind.
I also trimmed a piece of this DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- I’ve had this piece of watercolor paper for about a year just waiting for the time to use it. I created this with shaving cream, Night of Navy, and Crumb Cake reinkers. That’s it.
- Here’s a picture of the start of this technique, but with Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry, and Mint Macaron. These colors come from the Rings of Love DSP. I spread out some shaving cream on a length of parchment paper.
- HINT: In this case, less is more. I really should’ve used less shaving cream and less ink. However, you get the point. It’s messy, but simple. Just remember, you have to use watercolor paper. Regular cardstock will roll up.
- I go back to work on 08/01 after being off for the summer. Therefore, I wanted to make a card to mail for my husband to get either Monday or Tuesday when I am not home.
- The sentiment on the front comes from the Kindest Gnomes stamp set. I paired it with this gnome. I stamped both the sentiment and the gnome using Momento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Then, I cropped the sentiment and Crumb Cake mat using the deckled rectangle dies.
- Then, I colored the gnome using my blends in the Smoky Slate combo, the light Crumb Cake, and the Night of Navy combo. I used my black marker and So Saffron marker as well.
- Then, I popped this guy up on dimensionals, and added him to the side of the sentiment panel.
- The sentiment on the inside comes from the Happy & Heartfelt stamp set for the inside.
- I didn’t want a piece of white cardstock showing when the card is folded closed. Therefore, I very carefully trimmed a piece of the recycled watercolor paper to 4-1/8 by 3/4 inches and adhered it to the white inside panel.
- After trimming the envelope flap and punching the envelope seal, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal.
Back to the Pals’ Fun Fold Blog Hop:
When you finish here, I hope you will visit the blogs listed below. Each one of us loves fun fold cards, and I always learns something new!
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
It’s July, 2022 ~ do you know what that means? The new Holiday Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration are in full swing!!
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023. Click on the following image to open the catalog:
If you live in the U.S. and don’t already have a demonstrator, I’d be honored to work with you.
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do, especially since you can earn FREE products with a qualifying purchase!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you an get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE through July 31, 2022 is UKDVYZSG.