Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Create Your Own Background. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Here’s my card:
I’ve already posted a few cards using this particular gnome, but I think this guy’s the happiest. He reminds me of one of Snow White’s dwarfs.
- The Calypso Coral base measures 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches to form a tent card.
- Both the inside and the outside white cardstock panels measure 4 by 5-1/4 inches.
- I trimmed a piece of Soft Succulent DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- Then I punched a one inch circle from Calypso Coral DSP for the envelope seal, which I ran through my XYRON create-a-sticker.
- That’s it for the measurements.
Creating the Background:
For some strange and unknown reason, I didn’t take pictures of the process of creating the Balmy Blue clouds. However, I’ve used this technique before using Bermuda Bay ink and did take pictures for that.
- I used a piece of window sheet film and cropped it with the cloud looking die from the basic borders die set. Then, I used the window sheet clouds as a stencil. Here are photos of this process using the stencil, a blender brush, and Bermuda Bay ink:
- I did move the “clouds” as I worked my way up the white cardstock. I also blended very light areas using the dry blender brush. This way, only the bottom layer of clouds appear stark white.
Stamping and Coloring:
- First, I stamped the mushroom, gnome, butterflies, and the sentiment in Momento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock. The butterflies come from the Elephant Parade stamp set, while the rest come from the Kindest Gnomes stamp set.
- I used the Daffodil Delight blends combo to color the sleeves of the gnome and the two windows in the mushroom.
- Then, I colored the mushroom using the blends combos for Calypso Coral and Soft Suede.
- I also used Soft Suede for the soles of the gnome’s shoes and outlined them with a black marker and added black lines on the soles.
- Next, I colored the rest of the gnome’s clothes using the Balmy Blue blends combo. I only used the light blend on the pants and underside of his hat.
- My new favorite skin tone color, SU 500 in the medium blends, comes from the Natural Tones Stampin’ Blends. After I colored the hands, nose, and face, I used the color lifter on a small spot of the nose.
- I just used the light Smoky Slate to just outline the stamping on the beard.
- As long as I was coloring gnomes, I colored one for the inside of the card and one for the front of the envelope.
- Finally, I colored the butterflies using my Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write markers.
- I used a stitched rectangle die for the sentiment and the butterfly die from the Elephant Parade’s coordinating dies.
- Everything else was cropped using the Gnomes dies.
- I added dimensionals under one of the mushrooms, one of the grass pieces, the mushroom, gnome, and the sentiment. The dimensionals necessary under the butterflies are mini-dimensionals cut into quarters. Talk about tiny!!
- Everything else was adhered with multipurpose liquid glue.
With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal.
Back to the Pal’s Blog Hop:
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on August 10th. Our theme will be Seasons’ Greetings, where we will showcase projects inspired by our favorite seasonal time of the year.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Papercrafting Supplies:
It’s July, 2022 ~ do you know what that means? The new Holiday Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration are in full swing!!
Sale-a-Bration runs from July 1 to August 31, 2022. This means you can earn FREE products for two months! Take a look at these Sale-a-Bration products!!
Here’s a link to the new Holiday Mini-Catalog, which runs through January 4, 2023. Click on the following image to open the catalog: