Welcome to the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge #296, Dawn, our host for this challenge, chose wildlife for the theme. There’s a wide variety in the wildlife cards submitted by the design team members, and I hope you will visit the challenge site for inspiration. We’d love to have you play along with us!
Here’s my wildlife card:
In Florida, we have black bears. Lots of them, and not just in rural areas. However, since black bears are common, that’s what I used for this quick (relatively speaking) card.
Measurements and Such:
- The Mossy Meadow base measures 8-1/2 inches by 5-1/2 inches. I scored it at 4-1/4 inches.
- Next, I trimmed another piece of Mossy Meadow down to 4-1/4 inches by 5-1/2 inches. I ran that piece through my cut and emboss machine using the fern 3D embossing folder. Then I trimmed it to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches and put dimensionals under it. The fern embossing folder really added so much texture to the mat for this card.
- I used a leftover piece of Mossy Meadow DSP and trimmed it to 3/4 inch by 4 inches.
- The gray striped DSP comes from the Heart and Home DSP, found in the current mini-catalog. I trimmed that layer to 4 inches by 1-1/4 inches. I layered both these DSP pieces and adhered them using multipurpose glue. Then, I punched a 1 inch circle out of the gray DSP for the envelope seal, which I ran through my XYRON create-a-sticker.
- The Mossy Meadow DSP for the envelope flap measured 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches, which I adhered using the multipurpose glue and trimmed down.
- The sentiment and the bear come from the Wildlife Wonder stamp set. All the wildlife stamps in this set are distinktive stamps, so the shading is already done for you. I stamped the bear using Momento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I used Basic Gray for the shadow under the bear. I really, really like how the shadow matches the stride of the bear so well. After stamping, I trimmed the white cardstock to 3-1/4 inches by 2-1/2 inches and attached it to the front of the card.
- I stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow on white cardstock.. Next, I created banners from the white sentiment strip and the Basic Gray mat. The layers are adhered with multipurpose glue. I added dimensionals under the banner.
- While I had the white cardstock handy, I trimmed a piece to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches for the inside of the card.
- HINT: I took two packs of white cardstock to my local FedEx office store and had them cut it down to 5-1/2 inches by 4-1/4 inches. I only had to pay for two cuts since they have a commercial guillotine cutter. Since I am left-handed, even the home use guillotine cutters scare the bejeebers out of me! I’m always afraid I will chop off something I would much rather keep attached to my body.
- The card needed something before I could call it finished. I decided to add a line of three matte black dots to the top, left corner of the card. Then, I put one on the sentiment banner.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card, envelope, and envelope seal set.
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The 2022 – 2023 Catalog is Now Live!!
Here are just a few of my favorite new things:
But wait, there’s more:
Along with the new catalog, there’s a really fabulous joining bonus! As always, your starter kit is just $99 for $125 of your choice of products. The bonus? Over $66 of the new 2022 – 2024 In Color supplies! You get the following at no extra cost to you:
- In Color Ink Pad Collection
- and In Color Grid Paper
- plus In Color Cardstock Collection
- and the 6 x 6 inch In Color Designer Series Paper Assortments
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.