Welcome to the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge # 291. I am hosting this challenge theme, and I chose slimline cards. When you finish here, I hope you will visit the challenge blog to see what all the other design team members created. Each one is fabulous!
Here’s my slimline card:
Measurements and Such:
- The Misty Moonlight base measures 8-1/2 inches by 7 inches, scored at 3-1/2 inches to form a tent card.
- I used a piece of the Beauty of the Earth DSP (designer series paper) and trimmed it to 8-1/4 inches by 3-1/4 inches.
- The white panel for the inside of the card measures 3-1/3 inches by 8-1/4 inches.
- For the sentiment, I used the Biggest Wish stamp set. First, I stamped “HAPPY” in Cinnamon Cider. Then, I stamped “birthday” using Misty Moonlight.
- The sentiment rectangle, and the two mats behind it, were all cropped using the rectangle stitched dies.
- I used the TomBow multipurpose glue, which is my favorite adhesive, for all the paper elements, with the exception of the Cinnamon Cider mat for the sentiment. The Misty Moonlight cardstock is adhered directly to the DSP.
- Then, I tied a square knot on a piece of the Misty Moonlight ribbon that I’d wrapped around the DSP. This ribbon goes over the Misty Moonlight sentiment mat.
- Finally, I popped the sentiment block up on dimensionals and placed it over the ribbon.
- At this point, I thought I had finished. However, when I came back to the card later, I decided that I needed to add something else. So, I used three of the 2020 – 2022 In Color enamel Cinnamon Cider dots on the top, left-hand corner of the DSP.
- Ta-da! My simple slimline was complete!
Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
The January – June Mini Catalog is in Full Swing!
Click on the following image to view the mini catalog in all its glory!
My Favorite Things from the Current Mini Catalog
While the new mini catalog and the Sale-a-Bration catalog are both packed with great products, here are some of my personal favorites.
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.