Welcome to Cardz 4 Guyz #285! Deb is hosting this bi-weekly challenge and has chosen the theme ofShades of Brown. When you are done here, I hope you will hop over to the blog and check out all the inspiration from the design team!
Here’s my card:
I have a confession to make about this card: I mailed it my daughter in northern California. However, the colors and layout could very definitely be for a male card as well. She’s actually able to see a REAL fall color change, and the colors on this card match some of the colors in pictures she’s sent me.
- The Merry Merlot base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- Next, the Cinnamon Cider DSP (designer series paper) in the wood pattern measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- I used a pattern from the Beauty of the Earth for the layer under the vellum. Both the vellum and the DSP measure 4 inches by 3 inches.
- I used scraps to cut out all the leaves in Cinnamon Cider, Merry Merlot, and the Early Espresso branches.
- For the front leaf, I cropped it in Crumb Cake and then used my blending brushes. Before I finished, I wound up using Bumblebee, Pumpkin Pie, and Early Espresso inks.
- The Intricate Leaves die set make cropping these pieces very easy. My only problem was user error. I didn’t decide to use the foam adhesive sheets under the intricate, focal leaf until after I cropped and used ink on it. Therefore, I had to very, very carefully try to line up the cardstock leaf with the foam adhesive cut-out. There’s not as much foam showing when you look at the card straight on. The angle in the picture makes the white foam more prominent.
- I used the Forever Flourishing die set for the lone piece of Pumpkin Pie foliage.
- Since I used enamel dots in the four corners of the vellum, I was able to add adhesive to the backs of those corners. I also added adhesive on the vellum underneath the focal collage.
- I used the end of my roll of faux suede Early Espresso ribbon for the bow.
- Then, I used a Sweet Scallops die for the sentiment block. But, it still works for a guy, right?
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a Peachy Day!
Basic Crafting Supplies:
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
BUT WAIT ——– There’s more!!!
Check out the JOINING INCENTIVE for November!!
You chose up to $125 worth of ANY current crafting products that you want to come in your starter kit… for only
$99 $75 in November! Plus shipping is FREE!
Contact me for more information!!! email@example.com