Welcome to the Cardz 4 Guyz #282 biweekly challenge! Jolanda picked “any animal” for the theme, which leaves a plethora of options for your card! I hope you will hop over to Cardz4Guyz.blogspot.com to see the great cards from the rest of the design team members. I can’t wait to see your individual cards in our gallery.
Here’s my card:
Both black and white DSP (designer series paper) patterns come from the Playful Patterns DSP pack. This 48 sheet pack of 12 x 12 DSP has very colorful patterns on one side of each piece. The back side patterns are all black and white patterns. At first, I overlooked this host choice, but black and white patterns are always useful. The Old Olive DSP comes from the Regals 6 x 6 inch DSP. It is a retired pattern, but I haven’t finished with those papers yet and I really like the patterns. Therefore, I used it on this card.
- The Old Olive cardstock base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The black. & white chevron patterned DSP measures 5-3/8 inches by 4-18 inches. I also trimmed a piece of that DSP to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- I used a polka dot pattern with a black background for the first diagonal piece of DSP. It measures 4 inches by 3 inches. I also punched a 1 inch circle for the envelope seal.
- Next, the Old Olive diagonal piece measures 2-3/4 inches by 3-1/2 inches.
- The turtle and sentiment white cardstock panel was stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black ink then cropped using the stitched rectangle dies. The final cropped measurement is 2-1/4 inches by 3-1/2 inches.
- Finally, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock for the inside panel. It measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
What I Did:
- I’m trying something new with this blog post. I made a video of the measurements and how I put everything together. Please be kind, it’s the first time I made a video for YouTube.
- Here’s the video:
Basic Crafting Supplies:
This Love, Santa Tag Kit is adorable and an easy way to make your own gift tags! Take a look at this video!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.